Monday 1 November 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-11-01

Welcome November

What a week we had!  

I have a darn cold that is still affecting me, been sleeping on the couch all week so we can both get some sleep.  Sis had a lombar sprain (she is now better), dad went to the hospital (glycemia was high and he got dehydrated with 24-hour flu).  Sunday we went to local hospital (dh was also having some difficulty catching his breath).  Both are covid tests came back negative.  However we were not 'emergencies' so they sent us to another clinic for our colds... whatever it's a virus and should go away by itself.

Xavier's pneumonia got worse before it got better and he had to have an injection of antibiotics in each leg for 3 days.   Now he's back to oral antibiotics.  He is still coughing but his energy is back up - it's nice to see him play and run around.

Now it's Anne-Elizabeth's turn to have the crud.  She is here with me all day.

It's daughter-in-law's 1st day at her new job and the end of her maternity leave.  Anne-E is too sick for daycare so I will take care of her today.

My husband worked on Saturday, so I had all day to myself to work on some Christmas ornaments and to relax.

We had around 170 Halloweeners even if it was rainy and wincy and pandemia.

I have a dinner with my boss Wednesday but if I'm not feeling better I will cancel.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
10°
2°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
8°
-1°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
6°
-2°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
5°
-3°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
6°
-1°



On my mind
Grankid's health.  My friend Pam (who lost her son to Covid), my parents getting older

On the breakfast plate
Waffles with molasses and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
La transaction by John Grisham

On my tv
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Après
Virage
Chanteur masqué
Qui sait chanter
Drama movies on Lifetime that I've recorded
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing


On the menu this week
Monday - Chicken pot pie
Tuesday - porked chops, potatoes and veggies
Wednesday - Soup in the crockpot with omelette and beans
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 

From the camera:

Grandkids


Latest painting with a Jesse Robertson tutorial on youtube


Looking around the house
It's ok but there is stuff for 'colds' all aroun the house... kleenex, vicks, etc...

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Main bathroom
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Made 3 more crochet ornaments
  • Took off screen windows in my bedroom and washed inside windows
  • Paid bills
  • Downloaded vaccination passeports on dh's new phone

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Take down Halloween decor
  • Rest and take care of Anne-E all day

Fall to-do (whenever)
  • Put away screen windows (those from the LR and my bedroom are down)
  • Halloween decor - DONE
  • Wash outside windows (front of house got done last week) - DONE
  • Update cold & flu medication  DONE
  • Put away solar lamps (will wait after Halloween)
  • Change winter / summer clothes (DH did his last weekend) - DONE
  • Fill advent calendar
  • Prep Christmas card inserts
  • Prep Christmas cards with $$
  • Finish homeless bags
  • Start Christmas ornament
  • Update Christmas gift list
Procrastination list (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone
  • Schedule eye exam and get new glasses

Decluttering
  • 3 Halloween pails
  • 1 small Halloween decor item
  • 2 plastic children toy item
  • 1 mini notebook
  • 1 capri + sweater ensemble
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Crochet ornament
Watch movies and rest


Funny of the week 













6 comments:

  1. Such cute Halloween costumes! Glad your grandson is feeling better but sorry to hear your granddaughter and the rest of you are under the weather. Hoping you have a healthier and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you've all been under the weather, but yay for no covid right? Praying everyone gets over these colds soon.

    Love the Halloween costumes, how cute.

    Have a blessed week.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the halloween costumes. Hope you are all feeling better soon. You were certainly busy on Halloween. We had no-one, the weather must have put them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie!
    Boy, when it rains it pours! Sorry so much of everyone feeling crummy. I hope everyone is 100% soon.
    Your grandkiddos were the cutes fruit I've ever seen!!
    Love your funny as ever...and I have no doubt it's true. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've all bee so sick! Sure hope that you're all on the mend now. I LOVE your painting - so cute! And your funny is adorable - I need to send it my uncle who always has the bad dad jokes! Stay well and have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you all feel better soon! It's so hard when Grands are sick. Glad you're there to help out with child care.

    ReplyDelete