Monday 8 November 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-11-08

Good morning

It was another week of feeling crummy with the cold and then 2 days with a red-inflammed eye.  It looks better today and cold is starting to be better too.  Grandkids are both feeling better even though no one is 100%.  They will both be able to go to daycare this week.

DH worked on the outside to be ready for winter.   Xavier arrived for supper on Saturday and left after supper on Sunday.  Anne-E and the kids came for supper on Sunday.  We ordered pizza.

Fall decor came down on Sunday.  Now it's time to 'winterize' the decor.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly cloudy
11°
7°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
12°
3°
Wed.
Scattered showers
9°
-1°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
8°
3°
Fri.
Showers
7°
6°




On my mind
Upcoming Holidays and what we will be allowed to do with Covid-19
I need to get back in shape and healthy for the Holidays.  I have let things go since Covid (been sick quite alot) but have to get back on the ball.

On the breakfast plate
Waffles and oat milk

On my reading pile
La transaction by John Grisham

On my tv
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Chanteur masqué
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Christmas planning with downloadable planner.

On the menu this week
Monday - Ham pasta casserole
Tuesday - Spaghetti
Wednesday - Soup in the crockpot with omelette and beans (not done last week)
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 

From the camera:
Picture from the web.  Coming season...


Looking around the house
It is picked up but I need to decorate and make it more cozy for winter.

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Main bathroom
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Dusted main floor
  • Took off screen windows in office and bathroom.
  • Cooked veggies for the week
  • Baked muffins
  • Cooked a big pack of ground beef and made meatloaf (will have enough to freeze some), casserole with potatoes (some will be frozen) and some will be frozen as is.
  • Cooked rice for the week (my lunches)
  • Take down Fall decor
  • Groceries and a few local errands
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • 2 more loads of laundry
  • Work on crochet -Christmas ornaments
  • Prep ham casserole
  • Wash bathroom window inside/outside
  • Wrap stocking stuffers
  • Prep MY Christmas gift list
  • Desinfect all doorknobs and light switches.
  • Pick from Fall to-do list below
  • Watch Christmas movies
  • Start my health journey towards the Holidays - did a 25 min. walk this morning, then a 10-min stretching, took vitD,K, bee propoliss, and echinacea (for my cold that is better but not totally gone).
  • Relax
Fall to-do (whenever)
  • Put away rest of screen windows 
  • Halloween decor - DONE
  • Wash outside windows (front of house got done last week) - DONE
  • Update cold & flu medication  DONE
  • Put away solar lamps DONE
  • Change winter / summer clothes (DH did his last weekend) - DONE
  • Fill advent calendar
  • Prep Christmas card inserts
  • Prep Christmas cards with $$
  • Finish homeless bags
  • Work on Christmas ornament
  • Update Christmas gift list
Procrastination list (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone
  • Schedule eye exam and get new glasses

Decluttering
  • 1 flower vase
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Crochet ornament
Watch movies and rest


Funny of the week 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone is starting to feel healthier around there. Such a fun holiday picture you shared, it just makes me smile. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor Sweetie! You have felt crummy on and off and lot. It must get so old. Biggest hugs and prayers you kick the crud for good and have lots of energy for the holiday season! It is coming up so fast, isn't it? I'm trying not to let panic set in and just enjoy this time of peaceful preparation and also try to focus on the true meaning of His birth, and that it's about loved ones and not how perfect the gifts are and the house looks. But it's easier to say than do. Lol
    I love your wine funny.... a very good one for me. 😝

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to be so late this week. I thought I had it all under control once we got back and then it wasn't LOL. I'm so glad everyone is on the mend and I hope by now are 100%. I LOVE your funny and it is oh so true for so many! I hope your week was wonderful and I'll be back tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete