Monday 11 March 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-03-11

Good morning 

Health:  No more antibiotic cream,.. now to see if eyes will stay ok (woke up to 1 being sticky on Sunday, sigh...)and same this morning.

Grandchildren:  Thursday dh picked them up at daycare and they sleptover.  He drove them to daycare Friday morning.  Took out the bikes a little... Xavier found it so funny to do some Winter biking haha... no snow on the roads but they were wearing their snow suits. 

The weekend was a quiet one with more housechores, watching some webinairs, a little cooking and some sketching.  FT with dad on Sunday too.  Had 8 inches of snow on Sunday - lots of power outages in town ... cables were full of heavy snow.    

Our friends determined a weekend when we will all meet at their place (beautiful) like last year.  Two couples won't be coming.  Now to find out what I will bring to eat.

Hate the timechange... just leave it as is...

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The Weather

Early spring temperatures but not much sun in there
Mon
Cloudy
3°
-3°
Tue
Cloudy
3°
-11°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
5°
-1°
Thu
Cloudy
7°
-5°
Fri
Mostly cloudy
6°
-3°

Looking around the house
My spring cleaning on the main floor is mostly finished (except for kitchen cabinets which get 
done in Fall to be ready for Christmas hosting).  So all is nice and clean




I bought a new comforter for my bedroom... with pink small flowers (a little like a Laura Ashley style)... can't wait to put it on for spring.
Next I need to finish up basement bedrooms.


Thinking and pondering
Easter plans - talked to sis... might meet at my uncle's sugar shack for Easter.  Since spring is so early , not sure we will make it to sugar shack for Easter... ah well, we could meet at a restaurant halfway for each of us.  We also have a family brunch on dh's side of the family that got added last night.
Upcoming April birthdays... ds, dd, Anne-E, Ely,.. need to go buy some gifts

Tv this week
Le bon docteur
Discussions avec mes parents
Le résident
Les bracelets rouges (saison 3)
L'oeil du cyclone
La voix (saison 10)
5e rang (dernière saison)
When calls the heart
Yellowstone
Sorcières
MasterChef Québec (1st season)
5 gars pour moi
BB Québec (season 4)
Indéfendable
Alertes
Stat
Nous
Léo
Le bonheur (just for dh, not watching this)
La candidate
L'amour est dans le pré
Temps de chien

.. and a few more


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week



Things on the menu this week
Overnight oats for a few mornings, a matcha chia pudding (new recipe)
Soup
.....

On my reading pile
Les enfants du silence - Lyn Yeowart

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Deep spring-clean kitchenette (outside of cabinets, ceramic backsplash, walls, light fixtures, appliances, window, blinds, air out curtains)... inside of cabinets will be done in Fall.
  • Deep spring-clean main bathroom (walls, woodwork, outside of cabinets / armoire, window, blind) and did regular washing of tub, toilet, shower and sink.  
  • Laundry
  • Beef burgundy
  • Vac main floor
  • Overnight oats for a few days
  • Pay credit card bill
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow
  • Start dishwasher
  • Fill up bathroom cabinets from basement reserves (toilet paper, kleenex)
  • DH ordered a part in the shower which I seem to have broken when I cleaned in there (barely touched it)
  • Ebooks - file them by authors and send list to some friends who might want a few (had 1900 to add to my files... 1300 left to do)
  • ... shoud be a slow day 
  • ....
Decluttering 
  • Nothing but updated marketplace sells (dh stuff in garage)

Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in-town work

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Knit with some hot tea and maybe sitting outside if the sun peeks out a little


From the camera:
Nothing



Funny of the week:




5 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for your sweet concern and support. It meant so much I am still in the throes of waiting for the stents in my urinary tract to be removed. But my appt will be this afternoon at 1:45. Eastern standard time. My concern is this procedure is simply done in his exam room . Where we enters a probe and basically scouts out the stents and pulls them out. The nurse told me it usually takes jus a very few minutes, and some people say it isn’t that bad and others disagree so I pray to be strong and courageous and and bare with it with grace and forbearance. So your prayers mean a lot to me! Blessings to you. And .I hope you will add a photo of your beautiful new comforter. Your temps sound cold, but spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for responding to my post! You are a very dear lady!

      Delete
  2. Hello! Enjoyed my visit at your place today. I haven't started on Spring cleaning yet. oops.
    d @ homehavenministry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely Lucie! I hope that the eyes will behave now. Geesh! Matt had 2nd eye surgery and that's why I'm late this week. Thankfully went great too!
    You're rocking along with Spring cleaning. You inspire me as I have lots I still want to do (feel like the list keeps growing). Your funny is so cute. I'm intrigued by matcha chia pudding. Hmmmm Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment vont tes yeux maintenant ? OK, je suis en retard... c'est déjà jeudi alors je te souhaite déjà un bon week-end, haha.

    ReplyDelete