Monday 12 February 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-02-12

Good morning 

Health:  Eyes are still watering and a little itchy but antibiotics drops for 7 days are over so we'll see how it goes in the next few days.  Gut is so-so depends on the days.

Grandchildren:  Had supper & stayed to sleepover on Thursday night as parents worked in town and both had happy hours to go to.  Friday they came over with parents for supper.

We went to see my parents last weekend - was not in the plans as they had ice-fishing with sis and brothers but all was cancelled with warm temperatures and rain.  I wanted to go soon so why not right away (and ddil asked us to babysit next Saturday which was the weekend I had in mind for going).  Mom forgot who I was for a few minutes... asked me what I did for work and if I had children.  When I named them she remembered and came back to the present.  I had brought lunch.  Sis and brothers all had supper with us and parents on Saturday so that was really nice.  We got 4 bags of stuff out of the house over the weekend and all has been thrown away, given to thrift store or given away to those who wanted it).  I did keep one small Christmas ornament and a Christmas vase.

This morning is picking up and doing SOME stuff from the long to-do list I had over the weekend which did not get done and LOTS  of laundry.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The Weather

Feels like spring not like February!
Mon
Cloudy
-1°
-15°
Tue
Clear with periodic clouds
-2°
-16°
Wed
Cloudy
-8°
-15°
Thu
Mostly sunny
-6°
-15°
Fri
Snow
-7°
-12°


Looking around the house
Lots to do .. full Valentine vibes are on.

Thinking and pondering
Want to do lots of spring-cleaning in coming weeks.
Wondering if I will do Easter here for the whole family... or let it slide by.  Parents are not doing it this year.  Dad says mom doesn't want anybody in the house and it's just too much for them.

Tv this week
Le bon docteur
Discussions avec mes parents
Le résident
Les bracelets rouges (saison 3)
L'oeil du cyclone
La voix (saison 10)
5e rang (dernière saison)
When calls the heart
Yellowstone
Sorcières
MasterChef Québec (1st season)
5 gars pour moi
BB Québec (season 4)
Indéfendable
Alertes
Stat
Nous
Léo
Le bonheur (just for dh, not watching this)
La candidate
L'amour est dans le pré
Temps de chien

.. and a few more


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week





Things on the menu this week
From the freezer.  It needs to be cleaned soon and we need to make space in there in case we do Easter.

On my reading pile
Ou es-tu? - Marc Lévy

On my to-do list


Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow
  • Laundry (at least 4 loads)
  • Go through the 2 bags I brought from mom's (in donation pile, trash and some to give to niece)
  • Put away the things I bought (we stopped at walmart & Michaels on our way to parent's house)
  • Hand washed dishes to do
  • Wash kitchen garbage can
  • ..... vac, wash main bathroom, and see if I have time to do more spring cleaning but not sure about that.
Decluttering 
  • 2 bags from mom's
  • 2 curtains (voilage)

Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in-town work

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Listening to music once in awhile instead of having the tv on all the time.


From the camera:

Brother has not sent us the picture of the family supper yet so will put it here next week


Funny of the week:










5 comments:

  1. Wow ,you are definitely experiencing winter! Our groundhog didn’t see his shadow and the flowers are peeking up from the ground. I hope you do have the family in for Easter and share with them the true meaning of what Easter is all about. It is the most important concept of all time. Sending valentine hugs! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your eyes continue to improve. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your eyes are better. And I understand about your parents maybe it's time for a new tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie!
    I pray for healing completely with that annoying eye stuff. It continues to be weirdly mild here too and melty. Big hugs - I know how difficult it is having a loved one go in and out of not knowing you. I'm thinking Easter thoughts too! It's so early this year. Blessings on your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope you catch a break on the health scene soon. Loving your funny! Explains my mood lately too. I had so many plans for this spring that will now be postponed due to a cross country trip for my uncle's memorial. Prayers for your mom and your family - such a diffuicult disease to deal with. Have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete