Monday 22 January 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-01-21

  Good morning (posted on Sunday night)

Last Monday we had grandkids for supper and stay over as parents were working in town early on Tuesday.  Xavier's pinkeye is gone but he is coughing now.  DS's old bedroom in the basement is all painted and got put back together (now I need to buy a bed and a bedcover).

Tuesday dh picked up grandkids for supper and they ended up staying over as ddil left work late (computer problems) and children were already asleep.

Wednesday at noon was doctor's appointment with results from tests last week

  • Bloodwork is good BUT seems I have a predisposition for diabetes.. will have to monitor that.
  • Cholesterol is good with the pills I am taking since last time.
  • Urine test, had to stop by hospital and redo this afternoon as there was some blood (will get new results next week)
  • Gained 3 lbs
  • Had not yet received results from my ECG
  • Gave me 2 more tests to do... (yucky stool and mammo).  Got mammo scheduled for next Monday at 8:30 and other test is done - results next week

Thursday was my in-town work day as we had a meeting we HAD to attend. Too many people so had to be held at congress center (small walk but so cold we ended up taking a taxi to go, but I did come back on foot - it was downhill so easier).  From 1:00 to 4:30 in straight-backed chairs yikes!  DH had picked up grandkids and took care of their supper.  got home at 5:15 almost at same time as parents coming to pick them up.

Friday was telework.  DH has started painting second basement bedroom (dd's old room), yay!  He also picked up groceries this morning, prescriptions and dropped off my test at hospital.

Saturday was some deep-cleaning of 'holes' around the house and dh did some painting in the basement.  Bil's father died during the night - my sympathies to him & sis (he has no brothers or sisters).  Kids went ice-skating in the afternoon and they all came over for supper. Pasta for the young ones and fondue for the rest of us.

Sunday was LOTS of regular housechores.  DH did more painting in the morning and went to a hockey game in the afternoon.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The Weather
It's been cold last week!  This week should be warmer







Looking around the house
Main floor is fine.  Needs picking up in the basement as soon as dh finishes painting the 2nd basement bedroom

Thinking and pondering
Dr's results... how I need to start exercising again

Tv this week
Le bon docteur
Discussions avec mes parents
Le résident
Les bracelets rouges (saison 3)
L'oeil du cyclone
La voix (saison 10)
5e rang (dernière saison)
When calls the heart
Yellowstone
Sorcières
MasterChef Québec (1st season)
5 gars pour moi
BB Québec (season 4)
Indéfendable
Alertes
Stat
Nous
Léo
Le bonheur (just for dh, not watching this)
La candidate
L'amour est dans le pré
Temps de chien

.. and a few more

Some of these are new, so will see if I watch them or not.  I did suppress 2 that I had started.. have enough as is.
Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week




Things on the menu this week
From the freezer once again.  

On my reading pile
Fractures - Franck Thilliez

On my to-do list

Last weekend
  • Deep-cleaned bedroom armoire, drawers and side-tables
  • Deep-cleaned corner kitchen armoire
  • Paid bills
  • Sewed some straps on a hat for Xavier
  • Reserved all my Tuesday parkings for work for February (can reserve the 20th of previous month or else all is gone when you need it).
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Dusted all main floor
  • Mopped kitchen, kitchenette, hallway, LR, bathroom
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Mammography at 8:30
  • Errands
Decluttering 
  • 1 capri legging
  • 3 tighs (nylon)
  • 1 pj top
  • 1 pair of socks (new but I know I will never wear them)
  • 1 underwear

Upcoming this week
Monday - mammography and errands in town
Tuesday - in-town work
Wednesday - teams meeting with financial advisor
Thursday - grandkids for supper and for the night as ds is out of town Wednesday and comes back Thursday at 10:00 pm and ddil has a foundation thingy for the hospital.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Working on a puzzle while catching up on regular programming

My simple pleasure
Getting things done.


From the camera:

Nothing





Quote of the week:




9 comments:

  1. Good morning sweet lady :) Hope you are having a great Monday so far. Good hear about your blood work results, I also got mine and have elevated triglycerides. Cholesterol and diabetes run in my family, so I guess it's all connected right?

    I've had to cut down on carbs, sugary junk food, and am exercising more. I actually found a lady on Youtube, her channel is called fabulous50s, she has a ton of walking exercises, even chair exercises, low impact etc. I've started following her since I also need to up my exercise.

    Guess we're all on this journey together, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luludou,
    I hope the results of your tests are good!
    Great that reaction from the mosquitoes in your quote.
    Greetings,
    Adriaantje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work and we all need to exercise. Maybe after winter has passed. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well for you this week.So sorry for your sister & BIL's loss. That's nice that you can reserve your parking so far in advance though I guess it means you really need to be on top it, huh? I think I'd prefer mosquitos to the sub zero temps we had recently. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha the mosquitos! We have so many here! I'll take the over this cold. It's. So. Cold.
    I'm so with you on working out! I have worked really hard on working on my diet, and I'm doing good with that but I've hit my plateu! I have decided I need to do a weekly weigh in, not just for weight but for 'weighing in' on all of the positive thigns I've done for my health over the week. Hopefully that will keep me on track.
    You're doing great on decluttering! I've done a bit of it, but I need to tackle my hubby's office something fierce lol!
    It was nice catching up with you! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did some deep cleaning of our bedroom and upstairs rooms this past weekend, oh what a chore! You reminded me, its time to schedule my mammo. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweet Lucie! Prayers for you BIL and all the family - always a sad thing 🙏🏻
    I hear you about working on more exercise and watching things. I've been really jumping in this year and so far January is going well - not to just keep it up :) We can do this!! Let this be the year we both get our healthiest. 😉💪🏻
    Cool hacks on the video! Love the scrunchy for big sleeved sweaters - I have several of those. And you have no idea how perfect your funny is for the northwoods - we get COATED in mosquitos! Lol Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Het lijkt erop dat je een boodschap hebt geschreven in het Nederlands. Hier is de vertaling:

    Quite exciting with all those lab and doctor's examinations. And yes... moving is good. Even if you just take a half-hour walk every day. Here in the Netherlands, we have an app called 'Ommetje' (by the Brain Foundation). Such a fun app, eventually it became really enjoyable and a challenge to take a walk every day.

    Now it's almost Friday again. I wish you a good weekend in advance. Lots of Love, Aritha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quote made me chuckle. We have some wetland on our property so the mosquitos can be bad some years. Thankfully, we also have a screenhouse so we can enjoy the summer nights with some protection from mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete