Monday 15 January 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-01-15

 Good morning

So last Monday I ended up at the doctor's office who sent me to ophtalmic emergency at the hospital.  They checked out my eye.. no retinal detachment and eye is ok, but I still have the floating bits and it will stay like that (vitreous detachment).  Seems my eye and my brain will get used to it (may take up to a few months). :(  Happens to 50% of people over 50.  I will learn to live with it but it is a hard blow.. eyes are so precious.

Tuesday was in-town work, had a headache and a hardtime with computer screen.  switched all backgrounds to dark grays, which is easier on my eye.

Wednesday was a snowstorm - so glad to be able to telework.

Thursday I had bloodwork and ECG (routine), then we had no electricity from 1:30 to 4:45 (someone had hit the electric pole so the whole town was out), so I couldn't telework - I puttered around.  DH picked up grandkids from daycare.  Xavier had pink eye but when they came back on Sunday his eye was clear.  He had sniffles and earache on Sunday.  Parents picked them up at 7:00.  

Friday was telework and chatting Facetime with sis & bil in the evening.  Seems both me and sis have cholesterol pills and she has pressure pills... me not yet but have to monitor it.  Guess it's in the family.

Saturday was more snow but mostly winds..so another snowstorm.  We have a few feet of snow now.

Sunday was mass for fil (payed by sil), then a whole lot of not much... 2 Christmas movies and I took out a puzzle to do.  Grandkids & kids came by for supper. 

Grandkids will be picked up from daycare by grandpa today for supper and to sleepover as parents need to be in town early tomorrow.  DH will pick them up on Tuesday after daycare for supper here until parents get back.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The Weather
January temperatures are back













Looking around the house
Needs picking up in the basement.  DH is finished with painging ds's old room. yay!

Thinking and pondering
This eye thing is really bugging me.

Tv this week
Le bon docteur
Discussions avec mes parents
Le résident
Les bracelets rouges (saison 3)
L'oeil du cyclone
La voix (saison 10)
5e rang (dernière saison)
When calls the heart
Yellowstone
Sorcières
MasterChef Québec (1st season)
5 gars pour moi
BB Québec (season 4)
Indéfendable
Alertes
Stat
Nous
Léo
Le bonheur (just for dh, not watching this)
La candidate
L'amour est dans le pré
Temps de chien

.. and a few more

Some of these are new, so will see if I watch them or not.  I did suppress 2 that I had started.. have enough as is.
Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer once again.  

On my reading pile
Fractures - Franck Thilliez

On my to-do list

Last weekend
  • Wash office desks inside and out
  • Laundry
  • Prepped 2 chicken casseroles (one is now in freezer)
  • Washed main bathroom
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac main floor
  • Go pick up in the basement now that dh has finished painting - DONE
  • Vac basement - DONE
Decluttering 
  • 1 bracelet cheap
  • 4 batteries
  • 5 dvds
  • 1 sweater (given to ddil)
  • 2 erasers
  • 5 pencil stubs
  • some garbage bag ties
  • 1 bookmark
  • 1 work spiral notebook (2021 work notes)
  • Papers in office drawers
  • 1 hair conditioner (stinks)

Upcoming this week
Grandkids for supper Monday and Tuesday (with sleepover on Monday).  Thursday in-town work we have this big meeting where we are to attend in person.. but it is out of the office... guess we'll take a taxi to go there and split between a few of us.. it's supposed to be really cold.
Added: Got a call from doc's office so have an appointment Wednesday to get results from bloodwork and ECG.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Working on a puzzle while watching MORE Christmas movies.

My simple pleasure
Getting things done.


From the camera:

Nothing





Quote of the week:


5 comments:

  1. I also have vitreous problems after my cataract surgery.
    Ain't funny. It's a good thing that you adjusted your screen, it helps.
    I wish you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your eye. That is tough. I like your funny this week, I feel like that often. Hope you have a great week and that your eye doesn't bother you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pity about your eye. My husband says, 'Eventually, you'll get used to it.' He still has a lot of debris in his eye after the treatment for after-cataract. Also, a small ink-black spot. Yet, they say he'll get used to it. Good luck this week. Also, with the grandchildren. 🍀

    The last picture is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new week dear Lucie! So sorry to hear about your eye. You're so right how precious they are. I hope that it all adjusts for you soon!! 🙏🏻
    I hope it's a great week ahead. Stay cozy! Love your funny - I"m wondering the same thing over here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sorry about your eye. Hubby has been battling the same thing for over a year now and it does often get better. Dr. out him on special vitamins that seemed to help. LOVE your funny! SO true! Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete