Monday 8 January 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-01-08

Good morning

I teleworked on Thursday & Friday mornings last week.

Had grandkids on Monday, then on Tuesday dh drove them to daycare but it was closed so they stayed the day.

Last Saturday, kids spent most of the day here with grandkids and Xavier and Anne-E tried skating at the outside rink.  Ordered pizza for supper.

Sunday was picking up and relaxing... then I started having black spots in my left eye followed by a spider web.. so will go see the doctor today, got an appointment for 11:30.  It's crazy all the black lines I have in my eye right now.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The Weather
A little snow on Wednesday and next Friday.  Temps not too cold.

Looking around the house
Picked up but basement is not in order as dh will be painting one bedroom and stuff is all out

Thinking and pondering
Back to work this week.. uggg... I do not like having to go to town on a set day.  And there is a snowstorm in the works for Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Tv this week
Back to regular programming

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer once again.  

On my reading pile
Quatre clémentines éparpillées  - Élise A. Héroux

On my to-do list

Last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Grandkids
  • Vac main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Deep clean guest/office craft closet
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Go to hardware store for paint with dh... so hard to find just a 'regular' white.. pfff.  The bedroom is bright green and blue (ds's old bedroom) and I just want it white...  DONE, they had regular white with no tint in it, store brand so we got primer and white for walls (eggshell finish), and white for woodwork (satin finish). 
  • 11:30 doctor appointment
  • Go through personal emails (not done during my vacation)
  • Want to clean the office armoire and the office desk today .. maybe
  • Watercolor tutorial I'd like to do too
Decluttering 
  • Reindeer ear muffs
  • 1 sweater
  • 1 8 X 10 painting (had taken pics of paintings I had done and put in a FB family group to give to any who wants them).  Sis will be taking the penguins,... she says it'll be her bday gift...win-win.
  • 1 phone case
  • 2 hair products (did not like the smell everytime I used them)
  • 1 body cream (did not like the smell either)... 
  • 1 trivia calendar will be given to dnephew
Given to ds:
  • 1 watch - his he can do whatever with it I do not need it here
  • 1 stop watch
  • 1 front-open frame for kids' drawings
  • 1 small wood box given to Xavier.. he says it is his treasure box... he is SOOO happy

Upcoming this week
Back to work... In-town on Tuesday... arrrggh

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Making to-do lists and maybe a watercolor tutorial

My simple pleasure
Finally changing a few things in the house.. new paint!  will be followed by buying a bed to put in that bedroom (dd took that bed to her new house) and buying a comforter... that'll be the fun part.


From the camera:

Grandkids playing outside





Quote of the week:












7 comments:

  1. I hope the doctor can help with your eye issues and that it's not anything serious. Have a wonderful time with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O what a nice photo: your grandkids in the snow. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lucie! Prayers that you get answers about your eye and that it can be resolved soon! 🙏🏻 It always feels so good to freshen things up around the house, doesn't it? Hope you love the new paint and changes. Your grandkids are so adorable!! And love the funny - so true! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your eye gets sorted quickly and is nothing serious. I am also aiming to declutter this year but I haven't been making a note of what has been going just how much, 50 items so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote! Hilarious! I hope you had a productive eye appointment. I hope it is an easy fix!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, sweet friend! it really is hard to get back to work after the holidays, that hs why celebrating winter is so marvelous. I studied around for sales and found some new items for the winter.. they arrive in the post today. I am looking forward to a n off white faux mink throw for the living room sofa,, and a set of three rustic white candle holders for the mantel. I will use my flicker candles on them. I saved my faux green scattered with snow to decorate and there I have started my winter decor items. I enjoy watching winter decor YouTube videos. Hope you enjoy your winter and stay warm cosy, and well! Blessings. Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be very scary with your eyes! I hope it is nothing serious. Maybe that is a sign that you need to slow down a little and rest, my friend! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete