Tuesday 2 January 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-01-02

Happy New Year - Welcome 2024!

Last week was having grandbabies over,  taking Christmas down and just relaxing and getting things back to normal.

We left on the 30th to go to my parent's house for NY's Eve.  I had made a batch of spaghetti sauce to take (mom doesn't cook anymore) and brought desserts from the freezer (so much was left from Christmas!)  NY's Eve was at my sister's, low-key just us, them and my parents.  My brothers had parties with friends but we got to see most everyone.  

Dad took mom out of the house for a few hours on the 30th so we could go over their bedroom once again (she says things are disappearing in the house (true ;) ) so she stores everything in there.  We did not go over everything but did the most problematic spots.  We cleared out the equivalent of 5 big garbage bags (couldn't do more as garbage & recycling were full) ... of course a few things are now here.. sigh...  Mom is getting a little worse everytime... so sad to see.  I did manage to clean basement bathroom while she was busy elsewhere (she doesn't want us to help or do anything).

We came back here on the 1st around 1:30 pm.  Had supper at sil's with bil's sister and cousin.

Today we are picking up grandkids to spend the day & night.  If parents want to come for supper I will make a small buffet of finger foods... missing that as we usually have one but none this year.

My phrase for 2024:  

one little step per day... be it in health, exercise, friendship, relationships, creativity, personal developpement


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The Weather
Tue
Partly cloudy
-1°
-8°
Wed
Cloudy
0°
-7°
Thu
Snow
-3°
-16°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-9°
-17°
Sat
Partly cloudy
-12°
-16°

Looking around the house
Calm before the little tornadoes get here ;)

Thinking and pondering
Mom and her health. Dad feeling discouraged.

Tv this week
Christmas movies and specials  

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer.  

On my reading pile
Quatre clémentines éparpillées  - Élise A. Héroux

On my to-do list

This week
  • Laundry
  • Grandkids
  • Groceries (dh will go)
  • Maybe errands in town with dh?
  • Vac
  • lots of planning
  • Debriefing NY's 2023
  • Whatever else needs to be done
Decluttering 
  • 1 pair of socks
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 game (ds took it home with him)
  • 1 pair of pants
Decided to wear what I don't usually wear in my wardrobe.. it fits but ah.. at the end of the day some stuff is not just comfortable or not nice anymore.

Posted my decluttered list of items 2023 today.

Upcoming this week
MIGHT tele-work on Thursday and/or Friday.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

More Christmas movies and planning for 2024

My simple pleasure
Playing games with grandkids


From the camera:


Pic of NY's Eve at my sis's house



Quote of the week:













3 comments:

  1. I also wish you a blessed and beautiful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Lucie! Happy 2024. Wishing you so many blessings for this new year. Biggest hugs about your Mom. I know that pain and process and it's not easy. Prayers for strength for all of your family. I love the new year picture! And your phrase is wonderful. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete