Monday 16 October 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-10-16

Good afternoon

DH picked up grandkids on Thursday after daycare and they had supper here. 

I have done alot of housechores over the weekend, yay I MIGHT be ready in time for Christmas ;)

Our Chicago trip is booked, so now I need to buy some carry-on luggage and maybe some good walking shoes? I wear youth size so harder to get good shoes that aren't too garish.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The Weather

Nice Fall weather with rain here and there.

Looking around the house
So nice to feel like the house is mostly Clean.
Lots of Fall decor with a little Halloween in there.

Thinking and pondering
I want to start some knitted socks soon.
Lots of things on my to-buy list that I need to get to soon

Tv this week
Big brother, Alertes, Aller Simple, discussions avec mes parents, Killing Eve, The walking dead, Le bon docteur, Après le déluge, Mégantic, Entre deux draps, Indéfendable, Stats, Les moments parfaits, Nurses, une affaire criminel, some Christmas movies, started Yellowstone too... way too much

I deleted a series 'Le temps des Framboises' just not liking it.  
Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
Since I did basement pantry.. I made chicken /rice casserole so we have leftovers for another meal.
We need a soup for one day and I was thinking some macaroni for another meal.

On my reading pile
La malédiction de St-Ferdinand by J F Dubeau 


On my to-do list

Friday evening
  • Deep clean basement linen closet 
  • Update dh's cv (he wants to apply for a local job 3 months)
  • Cabbage rolls (2 pans, 1 for freezing)
Saturday
  • Deep-clean basement pantry (took all morning)
  • Jesse Robertson paint tutorial in the afternoon
  • Some laundry
  • Send $$ to niece for her bday
Sunday
  • Started deep-cleaning kitchen cabinets & washing dishes.  Have 2 more doors to do for upper cabinets.  Lower ones another day...
  • Some laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Get mittens & hats in front wardrobe (and clean the wardrobe floor)
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Continue deep cleaning kitchen cabinets
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow
  • Start a to-pack list for Chicago
  • ...
Decluttering 
  • 1 sweater (dh)
  • 1 cami (dh)
  • 1 shirt (dh)
  • 1 pen
  • 1 small Halloween decor item
  • 2 aiport pillows
  • 2 old pillows
  • Emptied & recycled some boxes from pantry
  • 5 plastic food storage trays
  • 1 Fall table runner
  • 1 Sudoku book (all done)
  • 1 rag
  • 1 pair of running shoes
  • 1 empty paint tube
  • 3 spoons
  • 1 kids' plate
  • 1 plastic tray
Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in town work
Friday - Haircut at noon

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

knit?

My simple pleasure
Looking at a clean house

From the camera:
Nothing



Quote for the week:










6 comments:

  1. I love your quote! It definitely feels like that on some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabbage rolls bring back memories. My Grandmother made the best and Mom not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the fall weather. I have been loving the cool mornings and wearing sweaters and robes. I am going to try and declutter this week and come back with a list next week. If I can remember - I seem to forget everything! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, fun quote! You always get so much done and decluttered as well. I really need to get back into delcuttering. Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quote made me laugh! Lots of eyerolls here; especially with teens in the house

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucie! It's been getting pretty chilly here too -first frost on the deck this morning! I hope you have a wonderful and very safe trip ahead. Love your funny! I have been there - especially when both of my kiddos were young teenagers. 😆

    ReplyDelete