Monday 2 October 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-10-02

Welcome October

Busy work week yet again but I took Friday afternoon off as I had too much time accumulated and there were no emergencies.

DH picked up grandkids on Wednesday after daycare and they had supper here. Friday they came back with parents.  DS & ddil went for a bike ride and we took the grandkids to A&W for burgers and they ate very well.. guess they don't like Harvey's (on the grill) burgers (had taken them there twice and they didn't eat much).

Friday afternoon I deep-cleaned basement LR.  

Saturday I did lots of odds & ends around the house & deep-cleaned another section of the basement.  We also got some stuff ready to take to dd's new house (stuff she still had here as she did not have the space for it) .

Sunday we went to dd's new house and I helped her deep-clean the two children's bedrooms.  We got home at 7:00 pm.

It's suppose to be a nice hot day today so I plan on going out this afternoon.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather
Should be a nice beginning of the week with above-average temperatures.  will take out the shorts!
Mon
Mostly sunny
22°
13°
Tue
Partly cloudy
26°
14°
Wed
Mostly sunny
25°
14°
Thu
Partly cloudy
26°
16°
Fri
Scattered showers
23°
16°
Sat
Showers
19°
12°

Looking around the house
Main floor needs work but since we are having guests next weekend I will wait until later in the week






Thinking and pondering
Crap!  Family will be here next weekend and looks like rain for our local festival.  oh well, it might change by then.
If we want to go to Chicago for a 4-day trip in November I have to make reservations
Tv this week
Big brother, Alertes, Aller Simple, discussions avec mes parents, Killing Eve, The walking dead, Le bon docteur, Après le déluge, Mégantic, Entre deux draps, Indéfendable, Stats, Les moments parfaits, Nurses, une affaire criminel, some Christmas movies, started Yellowstone too... way too much

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Following a free naturopathy 8-episode seminar (medicinal herbs).. have only 1 left to watch.  Using herbs and essential oils for the upcoming flu season and to keep our immune system top-notch.
After this I will get a few and add them to my 'cold and flu' basket.


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer

On my reading pile
Les sorcières de Keating Hollow T5 by Deanna Chase


On my to-do list

Friday afternoon
  • Deep clean basement LR
  • Laundry
Saturday
  • Deep clean dh's section of the basement
  • Pay bills
  • Wash pan at bottom of oven
  • Wash fridge and clean it out
  • Cut flowers out front
  • Change wax in scentsy lights (the others did not smell anymore)
  • Put new Scentsy flower in basement bathroom
  • Write down an upcoming to-do list for the next few weeks
  • Prep stuff to take to dd's on Sunday
Sunday
  • Go to dd's new house to unload some stuff and help her deep-clean the 2 children's bedrooms
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Deep-clean dd's basement closet now that there is less stuff in there, before I fill it up again
  • Prep for work tomorrow
  • Laundry
  • Any other item I feel like doing from my big to-do list
  • ...
Decluttering (a good week!)
  • Got rid of a whole binder with sports exercises (I can get them from the internet when needed)
  • Niagara Falls small pot my granpa had bought me as a souvenir.  I have other souvenirs that are better
  • 2 pens
  • Old oil
  • Old paint cans
  • 1 pair of sandals (dh's)
  • 1 pair of snowshoing shoes
  • 1 fridge magnet
  • 1 dart game box
  • 1 cap
  • 1 fly swatter
  • 1 pair of children's soles (no idea where these came from)
  • 1 used scentsy flower
  • 1 empty boot box
  • 1 plastic basket (broken)
  • A few old items from the fridge when I cleaned it up.
  • 1 shower crochet (won't hold up anymore)
  • 1 wheel cap (dh sold it on Marketplace)
Decluttering - taken to dd's house
  • 1 double bed and mattress and mattress cover (of course that isn't real decluttering as I will have to go buy a new one before the Holidays
  • 1 nightstand
  • 1 set of rolling plastic drawers fille with pens and papers
  • 3 big books (wine, gifts from the kitchen and mediterranean cooking)
  • 1 plastic container for muffins
  • 1 set of magnetic spice containers
  • 1 Halloween skull for mist
  • 1 Router
  • 1 easel
  • 1 bench to use with her easel
  • Painting supplies
  • Curtain rods (2 sets).

Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in town work
Continue naturopathy webinairs
Next weekend family is here for our Canadian Thanksgiving

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

No time for crafting.  tv will be my relaxation

My simple pleasure
Looking at the fall decor.  I love having it out with the colors

From the camera:
Grandkids with parents going to see a dinosaur show



Quote for the week:






4 comments:

  1. LOVE your quote of the week! I am dreading sickness season :( We already have some things going around our church. I thought about making homemade elderberry syrup as that seems to help my kids immunity! As always, your grandkids and kiddos are adorable! I hope you have a wonderful week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing laundry as I right this. I enjoy festival and the weather will work out. Wish I was going to Chicago with you a great city to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lucie!
    You sure are the most wonderful parents and grandparents. :) I love that you helped your dd deep clean her new place. And praying that the rain holds off for your festival!! 🙏 Your grandkids are so adorable and love the family pic.
    Fall is absolutely my favorite color too! 😍 🧡🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending time with grandchildren is the best! Much more fun than deep cleaning the basement ;) I hope the weather is nice for your festival.

    ReplyDelete