Monday 18 September 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-09-18

Good morning

Such a busy week last week!  Telework, Organized Home summit (with apx 20 talks a day), a painting tutorial to finish, a cold, etc...

DD, DSIL and grandkids arrived for lunch Saturday as did ds, ddil and grandkids.  We had fondue for supper Saturday night (not for the grandkids though, they had their own meal).  They were happy to see each other... 2 3,5 year old and 2 2,5 years old.  Lots of energy in the house.  Sunday they left around 10:00 am but Xavier and Anne-E stayed a little longer.  we drove them home after lunch for their nap.

Sunday afternoon was dedicated to a much needed home reset.  Supper with bil, sil, niece and nephew at St-Hubert's (chicken dishes).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Mon
Rain
19°
14°
Tue
Rain
16°
12°
Wed
Partly cloudy
21°
10°
Thu
Partly cloudy
22°
8°
Fri
Sunny
22°
10°

Looking around the house

It looks much better than Sunday morning ;)
Will look around for more stuff to declutter

Thinking and pondering
The organized home summit gave me some things to think about, how to organize my to-do lists / taskes..
Made me think I need to make a list of 1-minute tasks too.

Tv this week
Alot ... way too much.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing



Things on the menu this week
No idea

On my reading pile
Les sorcières de Keating Hollow T1 by Deanna Chase


On my to-do list

Sunday
  • Laundry
  • vac main floor
  • Mop main floor (dh did that)
  • General pick up
  • Cut some flowers / plants outside
  • Clean and change water in wasp trap
  • Rewash main bathroom (had done it Saturday morning but it needed it again)

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Wash basement bedding for 2 beds (ongoing) and remake beds
  • Pay bills
  • Go work in basement
  • DH changed places of a few shrubs
  • ...
Decluttering
  • 1 electrical box (sold on Marketplace)
  • 4 huge truck tires (sold on Marketplace... finally!!)
  • 3 children puzzles (dd took home with her)
  • Both kids took home some leftovers (that counts doesn't it ;) )
Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in town work
Thursday - dh will pick up grandkids from daycare and they will come for supper (parents are working in town)    
Continue naturopathy webinairs
I need a more relaxing week than last week

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Thinking it's time I take out some knitting

My simple pleasure
Having grandkids hug me

From the camera:
DH and Anne-E 




Funny quote for the week:


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a busy week. I need to declutter my spare bedroom 😩. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that funny quote for the week, I can relate so much! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Ja, it's time to knit now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did have a busy time with all of those Littles running around. Lol The pic of your hubby with Anne E is just precious. Love your funny as always - so true!! Blessing on the rest of your week dear Lucie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your funny hits home so well with me! I started this project almost 3 months ago and it seems I leave home on Monday morning and then don't have a minute to myself until sometime the following Sunday. I hope you had a GREAT week

    ReplyDelete