Monday 11 September 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-09-11

 9-11 Let's take a moment to remember the tragedy.

Last week was my 1st half day at work Tuesday.  Took almost an hour before all equipement worked but it went well.

Last week was horribly hot and humid. yuck... this week should be more Fall-like temperatures, yay!

Took Friday off work as sis & bil came here.   We went for European pizza for supper followed by the Peter Gabril show.  was fun but we went to bed almost at midnight!

Saturday we went to my son's house as they were redoing his entryway and sis wanted to see grandkids before they left at noon.  We went to see ddil at her scentsy sales booth at the maternity fair and the guys brought grandkids back with them.  Grandkids stayed with us and slept over.

Sunday dh took grandkids to get groceries while I did some laundry.  We drove the kids home afterwards.  Did some housechores and dh made 2 chicken pot pies.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Yay no more hot & muggy

Mon
Partly cloudy
21°
13°
Tue
Scattered showers
19°
16°
Wed
Rain
19°
16°
Thu
Showers
19°
12°
Fri
Scattered showers
21°
11°


Looking around the house

Looks fine but I need to see what I could do to get more stuff out.  Thinking of having family stay over for Thanksgiving.

Thinking and pondering
Coming up:
  • October 
    • Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with local festival
    • Halloween
  • November
    • a 4-day weekend in Chicago with sis & bil?
    • One weekend for Christmas decorating
    • Moving DD
  • Christmas - here? at dd's?
Tv this week
Regular tv is starting up again.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
20 1-minute habits from the minimal mom



Things on the menu this week
Something with chicken and something with pork

On my reading pile
Les allumetières by Marjolaine Bouchard


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • Pay cable bill
  • Wash all basement ceilings Sunday afternoon

Monday
  • Post here
  • Have to telework - a meeting at 2:00 and maybe another half hour of work.. so much to do
  • Jesse Robertson tutorial Fall-church
  • Wash my bedding
  • ...
Decluttering
  • 2 pens
  • Rocking horse (gave it to neighbors who are also grandparents with younger grandkids than us)
  • Expired medication drops 
  • 1 big toy box
Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in town work
Get organized week free webinairs        
Continue naturopathy webinairs

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Jesse Robertson church tutorial

My simple pleasure
Following interesting webinairs and learning things

From the camera:


Me and sis at the Peter Gabriel show

Supper before the show

Grandkids watching Jurassic Park


Fun for the week:








7 comments:

  1. Hello from Kansas! Enjoyed visiting your place. Trying to figure out how to correct the icon thingy instead of having anonymous. Sorry.
    Blessings to you. ~d from life on the prairie w/d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja dat valt niet mee hè, spullen wegdoen.
    Zo leuk de foto's van de camera!
    Ik wens je een fijne week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post, sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend! Your thinking/pondering stressed me a bit...kept thinking no, it's too early for all those holidays though I know it's not, haha. Hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie! That concert sure sounds like it was amazing! Worth a late night. :) The kiddos looked like they had a fun weekend too. 😊 And great tips on your youtube video. My household (& messes) keep growing. Lol I need to keep thinking more this way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are big Jurassic Park fans! I'm glad you had a fun weekend out, and full of grandkids! I know you love that! I LOVE Dawn, the minimal Mom, she's changed my life lol. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on half days and success - I hope that new routine works well for you. Sounds like you had a FUN time at the concert and I can't believe how BIG the grandkids are getting! Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see your grandkids watching Jurassic Park. So cute.

    ReplyDelete