Monday 14 August 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-08-14

 Good morning

Went to dentist last week because of sore tooth - says my tooth is fine, so trying Sensodyn and a mixture to put on my tooth.. for now the mixture works but they gave me only 2 samples.  Doctor's appointment... my pressure was high (have a good idea why.. Tuesday was NOT a good day) and my cholesterol is over the top, so now I have take pills for that.

Back to work Wedneday (vacations are over).  Busy, busy.  Friday had 2 meetings about my future tasks.  One was to enumerate all I do and see what will go where.  2nd was with new director, very nice but he will not be the one I will work for.  I'm going back with the girls from my old team (yay!) and lady-boss is one I already had and all should be fine.  Will wait until I can talk to her before going back to the office - will see if I can keep it down to 1 day a week instead of 2.

Had grandkids on Saturday and for the night.  Saturday we had a corn-on-the-cob / hot-dog party - brought the grandkids with us.   got there around 4:00 and left around 9:00.  Kids picked up the grandkids Sunday at 10:30.  Did housechores and started a free Jesse Robertson painting after they left.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

We had lots of rain again last week (been hot, humid rainy summer).  Seems like more rain to come everyday with highs around 22-23C.

Looking around the house
Thinking it's time I started cleaning the basement.  I did put up the elleptical on marketplace for sale (never used it and it's taking up space) and a vaccum dad gave us to get out of his house.... hoping it goes soon...

Thinking and pondering
I printed out my 'BER' months calendar and filled it with Fall housechores, Christmas prep, food prep, upcoming activities.

Tv this week
Big Brother
Dvr'd shows

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing

Things on the menu this week
From the freezer... last week really helped, we can now see in the freezer.

On my reading pile
The Shelters of stone by Jean Auel (rereading - summer reading)


On my to-do list
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Finish Jesse Robertson painting tutorial
  • Start basement deep-clean - ended up cleaning out books
Decluttering
  • 23 books... dh needed the 'space' pffff
Upcoming this week
Meeting with new lady-boss.
Thursday - osteo appointment

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Jesse Robertsan painting - It's a candle in front of a window and it's raining.

My simple pleasure
Getting things out of the house.
Having a grand child in my arms

From the camera:

Grandpa at the park with grandkids


Fun for the week:


13 comments:

  1. Whew, you're super busy as well! Sorry I'm late in coming over here in regards to your last visit to my blog, but we've been busy, too! August is non-stop, isn't it? At least it's full of good things, for the most part. Have a lovely week and good luck with returning to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.
    So many books? Yes, that's a lot of space.
    Nice picture of grandpa with his grandchildren.
    Greetings and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your blog post. I'm so curious about your painting of Jesse Robertson! Please, show it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it this afternoon. will post a pic next week :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better and the pills will help your cholesterol. I love that your simple pleasure was a grandkiddo in your arms. So sweet! That pic of your hubby with the kids is so cute too. ;) Blessings on your week ahead dear Lucie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, books are so hard to let go, for me anyway. I really need to do a declutter on those. Sounds like work might work out okay for you. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh...my cholesterol crept up too about 3 years ago and my then primary doc (have a newer better one now) wanted me to go on a statin. i said NO WAY. I researched and researched and found via the Harvard Medical Group, that taking phytosterol plant supplements works at naturally lowering your LDL and adding in extra cardio work outs weekly aids to raise your HDL. I did that and voila....my cholesterol went back to within normal limits. I'm mostly plant based diet although i do eat salmon, chicken, and cheese. I always like to tell people to try the phytosterols. just 2 a day work!! I buy the Upnourish brand but i've always used Puritan's Pride which is the highest rated. they were out of stock earlier this summer so that's why I switched to upnourish.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!! I hope your tooth feels better soon too!! From the looks of your blog, it looks like you enjoy craft projects. I'm not a crafts person but i do love to write. and because i'm a recently retired special education preK teacher, I have done TONS of crafts with the children. hahah my oldest daughter actually had Art as one of her college majors. she loves to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that your tooth is feeling better. Sore mouths are no fun. Great times with grandchildren though. I love spending time with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blood pressure is high and I think its hereditary, I do take medication for it, but doctors and dentists always make it elevate a bit! Also, my husband didn't tolerate the cholesterol medications well (statins make his legs hurt awful) so he's trying something called Red Yeast Rice. We will see soon how its working, he's willing to try anything that isn't a statin.
    Thanks for visiting me this week and your kind words. I'm happy to be back in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Statins also made my friend's legs hurt. for now (it's only been a week) it's ok but pharmacist told me to call if I hurt. my sister has blood pressure medication too but It think it's just because I was very angry that day (a very bad day)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like things are finally moving in the right direction at work. Sorry to be so late, but am hoping to get back into routine this week.

    ReplyDelete