Sunday 6 August 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-08-06

Good morning

Posting on Sunday night.  Sorry about last week - visited everyone's blog really late.

Last week vacation - we left Monday for my parent's house where we visited with a few aunts and a cousin.  Tuesday was the zoo with kids and grandkids, sis, bil and ddil's family.  A very full day with lots of walking, followed by a supper at the campground where ddil's family was.  Wednesday was going to town (Montreal) with the new REM (outdoor subway) and visiting the Chinese Quarter.  We left Thursday after breakfast with sis, bil, brother and parents.  We slept at my sis's house the whole time.  Did a few errands on the way back.  We got back here Thursday at 4:00 pm.

Friday was laundry and picking up.  We went to local music festival for a few hours in the evening for a free representation.  we had a good time.

Saturday grandkids spent the day here, ds and ddil came by for supper with the dog.  They slept here and left after lunch on Sunday, they are going to a cottage with some friends for a few days.  We went to local pizza joint for supper with bil & sil.

I start back work on Wednesday (I will have to do a little on Tuesday though).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Mon
Scattered showers
21°
16°
Tue
Rain
17°
16°
Wed
Showers
21°
14°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
23°
15°
Fri
Showers
22°
13°

Cooler with rain in the forecast everyday.

Looking around the house
LOTS to do ...

Thinking and pondering
Fall coming up and prepping for Christmas.

Tv this week
Big Brother
Dvr'd shows

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing

Things on the menu this week
From the freezer

On my reading pile
The Shelters of stone by Jean Auel (rereading - summer reading)


On my to-do list
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Wash basement bedding
  • Call dentist - have another sore tooth :(
Decluttering
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 2 dresses
  • 1 cami
  • 1 Christmas tree - given to dniece
  • 1 box of Christmas ornaments - given to dniece
Upcoming this week
Tuesday - doctor's appointment
Thursday - Meeting with new director and I will learn in which team I will be sent and what will be my tasks

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Felt gingerbread men ornaments - only a few left to do. Urban sketching.

My simple pleasure
Being back home - starting routines again

From the camera:













Fun for the week:

8 comments:

  1. What a nice photos from the holiday, looks cozy.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice photos from the holiday, looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! It's always nice to get back to the routine of things though isn't it? Hope all your appointments and meetings go well this week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Zoo but too hot here to visit. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those babies!!!! they are adorable!!!! I'm so glad you had such a good vacation! I wish we were getting a little rain! It's just hot here all the time! I'm glad you had such a wonderful week! I do hope you share those gingerbread man ornaments! We decorate in gingerbread men! This heat has made me ready for some holiday fun! Hope you have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new week Lucie! I love your pics - looks like wonderful family time. And I hope your tooth feels better soon. 🤗 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I enjoyed your family photos. You are so blessed with a family. Cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL PICTURES! Looks like vacation was tons of fun! Sorry to be so late - hope you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete