Monday 29 May 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-05-29

Good morning

Work - don't want to talk about it - just too much

Health - my ibs/ibd still not getting better.  had to stop fodmap tests until it is better.  Tired.

We had grandkids for supper and to spend the night on Thursday night.  DH drove them to daycare Friday morning.

Saturday my sister, bil, and parents arrived for lunch - dh had made chicken pot pie.  We left around 2:00 to go to ds's house where dd, boyfriend & 2 children had arrived for lunch too.  Spent the afternoon outside with the kids and had supper there (celebrated dh's 27th bday at the same time).  DD slept over there , while sis, bil & parents came back here around 9:30.

Sunday, everyone met here for breakfast and they all left around 11:00 am.  Was nice to see everyone.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Warm temperatures last weekend but today is 19C very windy and north wind.  cold this morning. Should warm up during the week... and then be too hot with 30C ;) 

Looking around the house
Lots to do.

Thinking and pondering
I need to write down a to-do list of what we want to do / visit during the summer  -- have only a few things written down.

Tv this week
Local Survivor

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
No idea

On my reading pile
Ma bucketlist by Sylvie G.


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Planted flowers
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • telework (working today as I have too much that needs to be done before the 31st) .. will try to take friday off instead.

Decluttering
  • 1 pair of running shoes (dh)
  • 1 old blanket (tearing to pieces)
  • 1 acrylic painting given to my sister
Upcoming this week
Telework Monday (my day off) and taking Friday off instead - busy week as all has to be done for the 31st.
Next weekend there is a local sports event (running) in town here - dh will be volonteer for a few hours.  will check it out if I can.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

will try to do sketch-a-day


My simple pleasure

Having a cozy home

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:
  • Fleas can jump 350 times its body length

From the camera:






Funny of the week




6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, my friend! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your work is so stressful, I bet that's impacting your health as well. A cozy home is the best. Hope you get some moments to relax here and there and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely Lucie! I'm so sorry work continues to be overwhelming. Sending up prayers that something changes there so it's a far healthier environment for you. 🙏 I always love seeing the Littles in your life. They're all so darn cute!! 💕 And I love your funny...isn't that the truth!?? Lol 😆 Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your funny this week HA HA and those pictures of the grands are just precious. I'd bet the stress of your work is having an affect on your health - sure hope it resolves soon! Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see no mention about them, but I often think of how awful those Canadian fires are which brings my thoughts to you. Just praying that you and hour’s are fine and safe . God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fires are far from here and for now we don't have the smoke from them but they are evacuating some towns. so sad that destruction

      Delete