Monday 22 May 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-05-22

Good morning

Work - was just LOTS - too much last week.  I can barely keep my head of the water - did more than 9 hours day.. as a result I have too much time accumulated so took Friday afternoon off (did laundry and washed main bathroom and relaxed), since it's a long weekend lots were absent so it was less of a disturbance to take that day.

My brothers arrived around 9:30 Friday night - we all went to bed around midnight and up by 5:00 am on Saturday - they were going to help a friend redo his roof and dh went with them (about 1:30 from here).  So my Saturday was pretty quiet I got to do some things I was behind in for paperwork and computer.  I took a walk, sat outside to read and the prepped veggies, potatoes & potage for supper.  The guys came back around 3:45.  Then they repaired the 2 top corners of our roof... our roof will be due to get redone either this year or next year but for now, with the repairs, it'll be ok.  We had supper later (bbq coq au porc).  We went to bed around 10:00 as they were all tired.

Sunday got up at 6:00 (was awake at 5:00 as usual) with one of my brothers and we chatted until dh and other brother woke up.  My brothers left around 8:30 am.  I then picked up a bit and vac'd main floor.  Ds, DDIL and grandkids arrived after swimming lessons for lunch.  Leftovers and I did an omelette too.  After their nap, we went on a walk with them and played outside.  DH & DS picked up some lobster and steaks at the grocery store and we had that for supper.  Was the final of a local hockey team so they watched that on tv while the grandkids took their bath.  They left around 6:45.  I did dishes and then dh & I went for a walk.  Stopped at one sil's for a cup of tea and then stopped at other sil's for a little chat. 

Today is a holiday here.  We got up a bit later.  DH went to sil's house for a 2nd coat of plaster (he took the a/c unit out of the wall last week and patche up outside of the house, now he is doing inside) - he is now gone to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  He wants to do chicken pot pie today - we will freeze for next weekend.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Today will be 16 c with sunshind and wind.  Tomorrow is a nice sunny day with 22C.  Rain and wind for Wednesday and Thursday with highs of 13 C and 14 C.  Friday is back to sunshine with 18C. 

Looking around the house
Righ now, I have already started my day, main floor is looking good... Now I need to go in the basement,  we will be having guests next weekend too, so need to pick up a bit.

Thinking and pondering
I need to write down a to-do list of what we want to do / visit during the summer .

Tv this week
Local Survivor and some dvrd movies

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
More ideas for a Christmas ornament I could make for friends




Things on the menu this week
Lunch today will be leftovers and probably the same for supper.  Then we use up what we have in the freezer

On my reading pile
Le culte by Camilla Lackburg ... almost finished.


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Laundry
  • Updated ebooks on excel and got it copied on hard drive
  • Sent more photos to be printed out 
  • Practiced a few simpled drawings
  • Lots of small things

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Sweep kitchen, kitchenette and bathroom (saw a few mini-ants last week... nope don't want those in the house.
  • Mopped kitchen, kitchenette, bathroom and hallway
  • Washed bottom of patio door (was dirty)
  • Washing bedding used by my brothers over the weekend and need to redo beds for guests next weekend (dd, dsil, 2 grandkids, sis & bil, mom and dad)
  • Need to finish deep-spring clean of staircase (shouldn't take too long)
  • Pick up in basement (vaccum, dust...), wash bathroom (might get done during the week)
  • ...

Decluttering
  • 1 old fridge (yay clears up space in the basement)
  • 2 big things from the garage that dh gave to his cousin
  • 1 pair of work gloves given to dh's cousin
Upcoming this week
Next weekend sis, bil, mom, dad, dd, dsil & 2 grandkids are coming to spend the weekend.  However ddil is having us all at her place for supper Saturday night so one less thing to think about.
A big workweek.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

All my CIJ blogposts are written and scheduled.  I do want to start working on Christmas ornament but missing some craft items.


My simple pleasure

Using my new outside swivel-rocking chair

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:
  • A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

From the camera:
Nothing


Saying of the week

3 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Lucie! I pray that your work life balance is better this week. Geesh - you've been a hard working Lady. I love how you keep focus on Christmas year round and like to craft in those realms too. ;) Your fun fact cracked me up, as I couldn't imagine a croc sticking its tongue out at anyone anyways. 😂 And I'm with you on your inspirational! I'm absolutely of that generation too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I had no idea that a crocodile cannot stick out its tongue, haha. Looks like it is really warming up by you. Those Christmas ornaments are pretty cute! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a bit of time to rest during your week. Love your inspirational, as I've been taking my son driving, I've been having him drive through the neighborhood where I grew up and it brings back so many fun memories. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete