Monday 1 May 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-05-01

Good morning and welcome May!

Last week dh picked up grandkids after daycare on Wednesday and we did a few quick errands with them before taking them for supper at the restaurant.  Parents met us there to bring them back home.

Saturday we went to dd's house and ds, ddil and grandkids came too.  We were celebrating Anne-E's 2nd birthday, Eli's 2nd birthday and dd's 32nd birthday.  Grandkids had lots of fun being together.  We all slept over.  

Sunday on our way back we stopped by my uncle's house (2 of them live near each other) so we got to see my aunt and cousin too.  Had lunch with them and were back home by 5:30.

Today is one of the big spring tide days... LOTS of rain and very big winds.  Housechores it will be.

Workfront:  2 weeks ago we were told one cw is leaving after 3 months with us (a great loss she was very good and a nice person) and last Friday we learned my friend-CW will be put in another team (our old one before reorganisation), so we will be 3 left out of 9 people.  A new cw has been there one month, our secretary has been there 1 year and me.  I was pretty discouraged.  Boss talked 5 minutes with me on Friday and she will be giving me TEMPORARILY 100% telework until she hires someone else (I HAVE to go next 2 weeks anyways - tomorrow they are changing my computer and next week is lunch for departure of our 2 cws)... so don't know if I will really be able to profit the 100% alot.  Today I need to work a little in telework for emergencies.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Rain and wind today... lots of both.  

Looking around the house
Lots to do.  Regular housechores and I still have some spring jobs to do.  I've made to-do lists for today, for the week, for inside and for outside (depending on our temperatures).

Thinking and pondering
Kids are starting to talk about summer vacations, so we need to start planning.

Tv this week
Just whatever is on the dvr

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Followed a few days of the food revolution summit.


Things on the menu this week
No idea

On my reading pile
Scrupules by Danielle Steel


On my to-do list

Over the weekend



Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday + unplug all computer accessories and take notes to plug new computer and box in.
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Start putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes maybe
  • Wash entry closets maybe
  • Have lots to chose from on my to-do list
  • ...

Decluttering


Upcoming this week
  • Tuesday - in-town work

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

  • Finished cushion cover
  • Start a crochet cowl or a new pair of knit socks
  • Drawing classes

My simple pleasure

Enjoying the warmth of our house when the outside temperatures are so cold, wet and windy.

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:  
  • A shrimp's heart is in its head.


From the camera:

Painting I did last week from a Jesse Robertson tutorial

Grandchildren




Supper: Smoked rib eye, potatoes and carrots - delicious!


Saying of the week


















6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you through the Happy Homemaker Monday links. I like to knit socks, too. I'm hoping to find a bit of time to knit today, but I have housework to do first. I'm off work today. I'm a sub teacher.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea about shrimp and their hearts! Lots of rain and wind here too, I hope the weather mellows out for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion cover is amazing. I love it! And those cuties of your bless my heart! God bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie! The birthday party it up time sounded like it was lots of fun! ;) Love seeing pics of all the Littles in your life. And I LOVE that whale painting. 😍 So cool! Your funny is so true. Lol Have a blessed week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your funny! And those pictures of the grand kids are really cute. LOVE yur new painting also - looks so real life. I'm sorry your job continues to be such a challenge - sure hope that levels out soon. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandkids are so cute. It's been cold, windy, and rainy here. I can't wait to aee some sunshine again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete