Monday 8 May 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-05-08

Good morning

Last week dh picked up grandkids after daycare on Wednesday and they stayed over for the night.

Friday, after work, we did the groceries and talked with sis and BIL on FTime, as happens often on Friday nights.  We also took a short walk.

Saturday was outside chores as weather was pretty nice.  Grandkids arrived around 3:00 and stayed the night.  Parents had a party and it was specified no chicldren.  We went to the park with them for awhile and wanted to take them to the restaurant but Xavier wanted sandwiches in the gazebo on their small table, so we did that.

Sunday grandkids left at 11:00, they had swimming lessons at 11:25.  We did housechores for awhile before sitting down to relax in the warm weather.  Supper was pizza with sis and bil at a local joint.

Today is sunny but not as warm, so I'll be working inside, at least in the am.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
A nice week in the works for us with sun: 15C today, 17C tomorrow, 19C Wednesday, 22C on Thursday and maybe some rain for Friday but still balmy.

Looking around the house
Lots to do.  Regular housechores did not get done over the weekend.

Thinking and pondering
I'm tired these days with all the goings-on at work, all the spring jobs to be done...

Tv this week
Not much... it's going to be sunny so will go outside at noon instead of watching some tv.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
Sheppard's pie, leftovers, potage, ...

On my reading pile
La charmante librairie des jours heureux by Jenny Colgan


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • I weeded side and front of the house.  
  • Finished washing the gazebo (had only done half a few weeks back when it was nice), 
  • Washed all outdoor furniture.  
  • DH washed the car, went back to grocery to get some ground meat (none yesterday), and picked up outside.
  • Spaghetti sauce in the crockpot outside (so it didn't smell up the whole house)
  • 2 lasagnas for freezing with the sauceand had one tupperware container with just sauce.  
  • veggie potage
  • cooked up the rest of the ground beef (dh had bought 3 packs).  
  • DH washed outside front windows (he lowered the dirt in front last year and now I have a hard time reaching) while I washed inside front windows.
  • Aired out the last of the curtains that needed to be done for deep-spring cleaning
  • Washed & remade my bed
  • Put away winter bedding
  • Washed Anne-E's bedding ....
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Vac main floor
  • Deep-spring-cleaned my bedroom closet - DONE
  • Pay bills
  • Might look into updating antivirus for computer
  • Get prescriptions at pharmacy
  • Cook a pan of veggies
  • Fold towels
  • Dusting
  • Relaxing...

Decluttering


Upcoming this week
  • Thursday - in-town work as it is departure lunch for 2 cw's

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

  • Start a crochet cowl or a new pair of knit socks
  • Drawing classes


My simple pleasure

Enjoying the warmer days

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:  
  • The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is believed to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.


From the camera:








Saying of the week




















5 comments:

  1. Wow great pictures. I want Shepherd pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as busy as I am! i love how organized you are with your chores! Have a beautiful week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been a productive person over there dear Lucie! Looks like you guys have been knocking out lots of chores. Always love seeing pics of the grandkiddos. They are SO adorable. 💗 And I love your funny! I'm no quitter either 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! Busy busy busy! The tip that stood out to me was cooking the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot outside. That's brilliant! How many times has garlic and such rendered my home a Mexican or Italian restaurant by fragrance or should I say odor? Glad to find you from Happy Homemaker. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world have I lived this many years and never thought to put the crock pot outside?!?!? that's the best idea anyone has ever blogged about lol! I love cooking in my croc pot but dislike very much that it makes my whole house smell like food, even if it smells good unless its cold, winter and its soup I don't want to smell it all day. Fabulous. You've changed my life lol. I hope you have a wonderful week! Sounds like a very busy one!

    ReplyDelete