Monday 24 April 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-04-24

 Good morning

Good morning!

Last week dh picked up grandkids after daycare on Wednesday and they stayed the night.  Parents had to stay later in town after work.  Thursday dh picked them up and they came for supper.

Saturday dh worked outside.  I worked inside in the am and went outside in the pm.  Washed 7 panels of the 14 of the gazebo.  Weeded back of the house and put some more dirt in.

Sunday we went in town.  DH bought a golf set from a friend (colleague) from work.  we then did a few errands including a Costco run.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Rain, rain, rain in the forecast for most of the week.  Rivers are under surveillance everywhere.

Looking around the house
Not too bad as I picked up over the weekend.  I changed the mantel pictures for spring ones.

Thinking and pondering
Need to prep for next weekend.  going to dd's with ds & family.  we will celebrate Anne-E's birthday and Eli's birthday (both are 2).

Tv this week
Following our local survivor and then watching more Christmas movies that were dvrd during the holidays.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing.


Things on the menu this week
Shrimps, chicken and sushis from costco haul.

On my reading pile
Les trois épouses de Blake Nelson by Camilla Lackberg


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Wash part of the gazebo
  • Weed 2 flower gardens in the back and add dirt
  • Add dirt to inside plant
  • Vac main floor
  • Air out kitchen, kitchenette and office curtains and put them back up. 
  • Wash office window
  • Laundry
  • Paint tutorial of rubber boots (there was a water can and a hog too but decided to skip those).
  • Change for spring pictures on mantel
  • Finished watching the last of my Fodmap class.  All info is printed out, just have to go over my notes.  Did my 3rd test (polyols) this weekend, went so-so.


Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Cut up pineapple
  • I might try to do a whale painting free tutorial from Jesse Robertsaon
  • ...

Decluttering
  • Finally mil's cane was sold last week
  • 1 sweater
  • Nightrobe dad wanted to give away

Upcoming this week
  • IBS summit webinair on wednesday.
  • Tuesday - in-town work
  • Going to dd's house next weekend

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

  • Crochet cushion cover
  • Painting
My simple pleasure

Enjoying being able to sit outside and feel the sun on my face

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Spring - renewal of season... but lots of work!


From the camera:

Xavier following what is going on on the tv

Painting I did this weekend and now on the mantel







Saying of the week
















5 comments:

  1. HA HA on the funny! I am so envious of you being able to work outside. I've resigned myself to not getting anything done in the yard until after we get back from family reunion in late May. Cute spring painting. I was thinking of doing a door wreath for spring with an old pair of wellies and flowers. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy week! Also, you have such a talent with painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not realize you were an artist! Well done, my friend! I love the colors, so bright and cheerful. Looks like you a re up to all kinds of wondrous things.. cheerful times with the grands and getting some gardening done. I hope to get some petunias planted this week myself!!! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie!
    It sure sounds like you're fully into the swing of Spring with all of those outside projects. Yay! We have had to watch for flooding here too. Thankfully supposed to be a couple dry days before it starts raining again here. I pray your area stays safe! I love the Xavier video - cracked me up! 😆 And your Spring painting is just lovely. Perfect for the mantel. And your inspo is always so funny. ;) Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good with your decluttering every single week. That spring picture is so cheerful, I bet it looks great on your mantle. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete