Monday 17 April 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-04-17

Good morning

Today is my grandgirl Anne-Élizabeth's 2nd birthday.  Happy Birthday sweetie.



Finally getting back in a routine.  No more snow on our lawn!!

Tuesday was in-town work, last fodmap class, 3rd Gutivate summit class.

Thursday - Osteo appointment

Friday, dh picked up grandkids from daycare and they spent the weekend here as parents had a weekend in a nice hotel (we also got the dog).  We spent our days outside with them.  They left after supper Sunday night.

Today will be picking up ;)


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Last week and over the weekend we had warm spring temperatures.  was so nice.  We even have a few patio pieces out so we could sit in the sun.
This week is back to early spring temperatures (8 and 9C all week) with rain and wind.

Looking around the house
Oh my a tornado went through the house with grandkids and their dog.  So today will be picking up all day.  Easter is down and have some Spring decor up... need to add a few more things and change paintings in the frames for spring ones.

Thinking and pondering
I need to make more time for crafting - it's always AFTER cleaning, cooking, working...

Tv this week
Much less! yay I will have time to do other tings.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing, a few videos on TEMU hauls... I would like to order from them but wanted to check out what products look like first.  I need to get a prepaid credit card to order from there (do not want my regular credit card used)


Things on the menu this week
Leftovers from thai restaurant last night.  From the freezer for the rest of the week.

On my reading pile
La boite a magie Camilla Lackberg


On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Vac main floor (lots of sand and dirt!) - DONE
  • Mop floors
  • Laundry
  • Put ink in printer 
  • Prep an amazon return
  • Send osteo bill to insurance
  • Dust kitchenette (and possibly other rooms...)
  • Fill up 2nd lowfodmap tests - lactose - yay seems to be going well
  • Cut up pineapple

  • ...

Decluttering

Upcoming this week
  • IBS summit webinair on wednesday.
  • Tuesday - in-town work
  • Joannie's (dd) birthday on Tuesday, she will be 32 years old.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

  • Knit socks are FINALLY done!
  • Started a crochet cushion cover
My simple pleasure

Getting the house all cozied up and making it feel like a home.

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Energy for grandparents is not unlimited ;)


From the camera:
Pictures from our weekend







Saying of the week













7 comments:

  1. Loved your saying of the week! The grandkids are adorable. And I too wish I could make more time for crafting. Other things always take precedence, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to both your granddaughter and your daughter! Cute pictures. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable your grands are! Might have been a whirlwind, but I know you love the “weather” when they come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie! It's so nice to be back. And Happy Birthday to adorable Anne-Elizabeth! 🎂 The snow is mostly gone around here finally too! Yay! I love your pics. Those tornados are worth it I bet. ;) And love your saying for the week. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Anne Elizabeth is 2 already! Happy Birthday! Great pictures of the kids and their dog. Those pictures make the mess worth it for the memories. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your lil one had a wonderful birthday. Grands are awesome. I had a nice time visiting your place! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter, and what a beautiful name she has too. I hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete