Monday 13 February 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-02-11

Good morning 

Last week dh picked up grandkids at daycare on Wednesday and they stayed the night as parents worked in town and had supper there afterwards.  Dh drove them to daycare Thursday morning.

Work-wise was VERY busy at my own work and seems I had to be more COLLABORATIVE for other people's work.... hummm... I don't think my boss understands my job.  don't know if I,ll talk to her about it or not... might not be worth it... she understands what she wants to understand.  3 of 4 cw's had health problems last week (1 had a cold, 1 had a ripped vitrious of they eye and 1 don't know the results yet as she didn't work after her hospital exams - she had a small amount of blood in her urine).

Both grandkids are feeling fine, yay!  We did not see them this weekend as they had a birthday party, superbowl party and swimming lessons.

I've been following my fodmap protocol for a week, one exception and yes I reacted... knew it was onions, garlic... and there was some powdered onion and garlic in something I ate one day.

Also got a haircut... not loving it but it's ok and it'll grow back ;)  a bit shorter than what I asked for.

Saturday night we went to the restaurant with neighbors - had steak, fries and veggies.  very nice time chatting.  Home by 9:00.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - Some categories have changed a bit and the order has changed.



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Snow showers
-3°
-6°
Tue
Mostly cloudy
1°
-4°
Wed
Showers
4°
4°
Thu
Showers
6°
-1°
Fri
Snow
1°
-19
I guess snow will melt... we had over 1,5 foot last week

Looking around the house
It is clean but I want to get stuff out of the basement.  I need dh's collaboration but he is more of a keeper than I am.   2 things we agreed upon (1 work chair and 1 fridge) but they will leave here when there is less snow so he can get them out the basement door.

Thinking and pondering
I need to start spring deep-cleaning and start to pack slowly for the trip.  The $$ was on my visa bill this week.  yikes!

Best tv show this week

This week was the resident - the episode where the hospital staff had a potluck and some drugs were put in one of the pans.  We got to see a different side of the doctors.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Deer-through live cam


Things on the menu this week
Following the fodmap protocol phase 1, so many things I need to omit this week or change to lactose-free and gluten-free
  • Prepped a pan of veggies for the week (acceptable veggies low fodmap)
  • Cooked some hard-boiled eggs
  • Cooked some GF-pasta
  • Need to pick up some chocolate for this week's fodmap class.  it will be interesting I need a square of milk chocolate, a square of semi-dark chocolate and a square of dark chocolate (80% and more).
  • Cooked some edamame for more proteins to my meals.
  • This protocol is lots of meat a few veggies and 1 fruit per meal.
On my reading pile
La petite librairie de Riverside  - Fryda Skyback


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Vac basement
  • Wash basement bathroom
  • Prepped some food for fodmap phase 1 week 2
  • Deep spring-clean my office / guest room (ceiling, light fixture, walls, floor, woodwork).  still have to do windows and air out curtains when it gets warmer outside
  • Steam-ironing of my new bedroom windows (had not been ironed yet), borrowed sil's steam-iron.
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • More laundry
  • Empty, wash and reorganize basement freezer
  • Try to get basement tv to work again - DONE
  • Go 'into' work (at home) for a few minutes for emergencies - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • 2:00 massage therapist appointment (my lower back was hurting this weekend)
Decluttering
  • ... 
Upcoming this week
Monday:  2:00 appointment with massage therapist
Tuesday: Valentine's day (we don't really celebrate much but last Saturday was our Valentine's meal at the restaurant with our neighbors - friends.  In-town work but I need to finish early as dh needs the car, he is going to a hockey game with neighbor (my cousin's son is playing in one of the teams).
Wednesday noon - 5th class of Fodmap - Mediterannean diet


To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

To relax:
  • Tea
  • Reading
  • Drawing ... I have a drawing class to catch up on.
  • Work on craft basket items
Craft basket:
  • Knit socks
  • Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure
Making to-do lists
  • weekly to-do list
  • declutter list
  • list of what I would like in each room
  • March fun and to-do list
  • .... lots and lots of lists!
Take down Valentine's decor and put up St-Patrick's day decor

Lesson learned in the past week
No use protesting or mentionning things at work when boss is stressed.  just do your job, keep your head down and work towards retirement ;)


From the camera:


Swimming by himself

Prepping for SuperBowl



Quote / funny of the week

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY




3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about work. We have had a lot of people off sick as well and it has been really busy. My work bestie actually is out with an eye issue! She has uveitis and nearly lost her vision! Thank the good Lord they caught it in time and she will be alright. I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Lucie! I'm happy to hear the Littles are well! I hope your boss will be more understanding. I need to work on my Spring cleaning too. Starting to make lists of what I want to do. I'm trying to eat differently too - and bought containers to start prepping some healthy breakfasts or lunches. Love the swimming pic! Getting so big. 😍 And the valentine humor was hilarious! Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still getting cold here too! Low 20's at night and barely past 40 during the day. We also have another winter storm moving in for next week with lows in the teens again and more snow BRRR... I'm running so late that I'll say have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete