Monday 20 February 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-02-20

Good morning 

We had grandkids one night for supper when parents worked in town.

Work was too much and boss keeps adding on... not a good week.

Another Friday of snowstorm so that kept dh busy.

Weekend grandkids, ds, ddil & the dog arrived for lunch.  snow festival in our little town with ice-skating (Xavier's 2nd time on skates this year - just trying to stay up), hot chocolate, marshmallows cookies and maple taffy.  snow-slide with tire tube, hockey tournament on the other rink, police-mascotte.  It was a cold day but we had a nice time in the afternoon.  Came back home for supper - we had hamburgers.  Got a dinosaur costume from the basement and a tulle skirt for the grandkids to play with.  they wouldn't take them off for supper, haha.  Lots of hide and seek games with grandma and grandpa.

When grandkids went to sleep we watched a movie.  They all slept over.  They left on Sunday after breakfast for swimming lessons.  

Sunday was housechores and a walk with dh in the afternoon as temperatures had warmed up alot.  He went for supper with sil & bil - I didn't go because I'm still on my fodmap protocol and it was easier to eat at home. 

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Rain and snow
4°
-17°
Tue
Snow
-5°
-11°
Wed
Mostly sunny
-7°
-17°
Thu
Snow showers
-13°
-16°
Fri
Cloudy
-12°
-23°


Looking around the house
The house has been picked up. Liking my St-Patrick's day decorations.

Thinking and pondering
Need to go shopping if I want some summer clothes for the trip.  I would like a bathing suit cover and maybe a few camis.  

Best tv show this week

Watched the movie Passengers with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt.


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Exercising and crafting ideas




Things on the menu this week
Following the fodmap protocol phase 1, so many things I need to omit this week or change to lactose-free and gluten-free
  • Cooked an eggplant this weekend 
  • One meal of baked potato (with bacon & cheese! and no-lactose sour cream and chives)
  • Pasta with low-fodmap spaghetti sauce (I always make lowfodmap now - I have a very good recipe without onions & garlic - I love these but just can't digest them)
  • Tomatoes on sourdough bread
  • Need to bake some fish too
On my reading pile
Faux témoin  - Karine Slaughter


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor - dh did that this week
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Deep spring-clean my bedroom (ceiling, light fixture, walls, floor, woodwork).  still have to do windows and air out curtains when it gets warmer outside.  closet will be done later too.
  • Paid cable bill
  • Sent massage therapist bill to insurance
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • Cut cantaloup
  • Wash my bedding
  • Clean oven
  • A few webinairs to listen to.
  • Reorganize fridge-freezer
  • 9:30 massage therapist
Decluttering
  • Last week dh took a work chair out of here
Upcoming this week
It'll be another busy work week.  In town work on Tuesday.  Had to log in this morning to be able to reserve my parking for the upcoming Tuesdays, it's starting to be a problem and we can't cancel, we can transfert to another day withing the same month but 24 hours before hand.
Snow, rain in the air so mostly will stay home as much as I can.
Have joined a few webinairs so that'll keep me busy.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

To relax:
  • Bubble bath with a good book
  • watching some programs with just the fairy lights on
Craft basket:
  • Knit socks
  • Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure

Hugging the grandkids.  Having Xavier sleep with us, feeling his warmth close to us.  Playing hide and seek with them, so funny.

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know
Onion and garlic are not good for me!
We all need:
- 30 min of exercise at least 5 days a week (ok, will try to work on this)
- 10 to 20 min of meditation (hummm... I need to add this at some point)
- Deep breathing (thinking cardiac coherence... put an app on my phone.. now to do it)


From the camera:










Saying of the week






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend with your grandkids. Sorry your work is so much, hoping it eases up a bit very soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am popping over from Happy Homemaker Monday to say hello! You are so organized!! Thank you for sharing your ideas, it is so nice to hear from others about their normal days. It just feels like a warm cup of tea with friends! ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm so late sweet Lucie. Been dealing with an awful cold. I finally caught something this season. Ugh! I'm so sorry it was a rough week and I hope this one is far better. Love festival pics!! So cute. And I'm stealing that 1980's workout for when I feel better. We had the best generation of music in my humble opinion. 😉 And those Jenga ornaments are just darling. I bet you're excited for your trip! I hope you find a cute swimsuit. Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear work is still such an issue! Pray you have some relief soon. I LOVE your inspiration! I'm a real homebody also. I LOVE the pictures of your grand kids - looks like you had a GREAT time. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete