Monday 6 February 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-02-06

 Good morning 

Recap of last week:

Monday - grandkids were here as both are sick (Xavier has another beginning of pneumonia and Anne-E has otites -earache).

Tuesday - In-town work - went well but stomach ache in the afternoon (my crohn's is rearing up its' ugly head) so left as soon as I could at 3:30.  Grandpa had grandkids for the day.

Wednesday at noon did my Fodmap / mediterranean diet class.. still need to start the protocol.. cut off dairy and bread, grains and some veggies and fruits and sugar.  will need to do groceries with this in mind.

Thursday  daycare was closed as they found a brain tumor in daycare's dad and they had a family meeting with doctor.

Saturday dd came with boyfriend and his 2 small children and they slept over.  DS, DDIL and grandkids came and slept over too.  Children had lots of fun.  DS& family left at 9:00 on Sunday as grandkids had swimming lessons.  DD & family left around 10:00.  Afterwards was picking up for me.

Been having problems with my stomach all week... sure wish they could find something to alleviate symptoms and cramps.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - Some categories have changed a bit and the order has changed.



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-5°
-17°
Tue
Snow showers
-4°
-5°
Wed
Partly cloudy
1°
-10°
Thu
Snow showers
-1°
-3°
Fri
Rain and snow
2°
-4°
Quite a change from last weekend... boy was it cold!! we got -43 with windchill factor on Saturday morning.

Looking around the house
Main floor is ok, have not picked up in the basement yet. 

Thinking and pondering
I need to do what I have to so as to alleviate stress and anxiety for the upcoming trip.  For me, that means planning alot and trying to get as healthy as possible

On my tv tonight

Big brother (local edition) saison 3
DVr'd shows.


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Ok, so I need a haircut!


On the lunch plate
Hard cheese (low fodmap, no lactose), sweet red pepers stuffed with cheese, ham and half a slice of bread (I need to go buy sourdough bread or GF bread).  Yogourt (did not have lactose-free.. but I need to finish this half-eaten tub) with kiwis.

On the supper plate
Sheppard's pie (with no onions for me - high fodmap)

On the menu this week
  • I wrote down what I need to eat that is low fodmap but I will need to go to the grocery store to find a few things
  • ...
On my reading pile
L'inconnue de la Seine - Guillaume Musso


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Plan fodmap menu for upcoming week
  • Pick up after grandchildren left (we have way too many toys!)

Monday
  • Post here
  • Deep-clean pantry - finally DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday - DONE
  • Send papers for insurance - DONE (not done last week)
  • just relax ... I am tired after this whirlwind weekend or maybe I should go on with more deep spring-cleaning... we'll see
Decluttering
  • 1 plastic shelf
  • DH shredded a few inches of papers
  • 1 toy ketchup bottle
  • 2 magazines from toy stores I had kept for the kids to play with
  • 3 children's book will be given back to the free library
  • 6 weights - belonged to dd but she does not want them and they don't fit with standard bars.
  • 2 tiny glass hearts - given to dd's step-children
  • 1 stuffed toy
  • 1 tupperware - will be given to dniece
  • 1 tupperware pie bowl - dd took it out of her closet to bring to her house
  • 1 camping mat - also dd's taken to her new house
  • 1 set of pasta plates - also dd's taken to her new house
Upcoming this week
Tuesday: In-town work
Wednesday noon - 4th class of Fodmap - Mediterannean diet

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

To relax:
  • Tea
  • Reading
  • Drawing ... I have a drawing class to catch up on.
  • Work on craft basket items
Craft basket:
  • Knit socks
  • Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure
Sitting down with a cup of tea and reading a book 

Lesson learned in the past week
Let go of keeping the place clean when the house is full!


From the camera:

Guests we had this weekend :)











Quote of the week

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Lucie! I'm so sorry the Little's keep catching things and feeling ill. Prayers for all of you to get and stay healthy. And for daycare Dad's tumor. 🙏 Looks like you had quite the houseful of little ones. They are all so adorable! I too am working on some lifestyle changes. I find that carbs and sugar cause me more inflammation for my arthritis. So I'm learning to bake with plant based sweeteners and make more things gluten-free. Your funny is hilarious!! I literally LOL'd 😂 Have a great week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot going on over there. Hope all are healthy again soon. Interesting video. Reminds me that I do need to call my hairdresser and get an appointment. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete