Monday 30 January 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-01-30

Good morning 

Recap of last week:

Tuesday - In-town work - had a hard time with parking reservation (more and more people have to go back to the office), so have my reservation for this upcoming Tuesday.

Wednesday at noon did my Fodmap / mediterranean diet class... I need to read the papers and plan my menus for upcoming weeks with that.  Hoping it'll help find which foods I am intolerant too (I know onions - but I do like them!).

Thursday dh picked up Anne-E at daycare and drove her home after supper.  Xavier was home with DS as he had been sick on Wednesday at daycare.  Funny thing happened, cable company stopped by the house and the guys were running around the backyard... seems we had some leaks??!  anyhow they came back the next day and all was back to normal... weird.

Friday took the afternoon off for endodontist appointment.  will do the root canal at the end of march as they have full schedules.  cost $320 for consult and will cost $1025 for root canal.  After the consult we went to costco's for a few errands and $600 .... later we got out of there. 

Saturday paid bills, checked some vitamins online, may have to order them there.  Dh picked up grandkids before lunch.  DH had bought skates for Xavier and he brought him skating a little.  They spent the night here as parents have a party and asked if we were available.  both have small coughs.  Xavier had a good night but not Anne-E, nose running and coughing.  They left Sunday morning with parents for swimming class. 

Change of plans for this morning... both grandkids are sick so they will spend the day here.  ddil will try to get a doctor's appointment today for them and I woke up with a back ache... was hurting a bit yesterday but this morning... as if I had twisted all wrong.

I finally stopped procrastinating and did the cable company call... should be ok on my next bill, but we'll see.

I received my shein order last week .. 2 bathing suits (for the tops as bottom /tops don't take the same size).  these are not returnable but both tops fit.  bottoms will be given to ddil or dsis as they are good for mix / match.  will return the kimono though, so that's prepped and ready to be dropped at post office.

Got myself a sweater, a summer blouse and a skort at costco's.  So for summer I need t-shirts and shorts and I'll be set.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - Some categories have changed a bit and the order has changed.



The weather (in celsius)
Going to be a cold week!... look at Friday and Saturday... brrrr and that is without the windchill factor.  yikes!


Mon
Snow showers
-9°
-14°
Tue
Mostly sunny
-12°
-21°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
-9°
-14°
Thu
Snow showers
-4°
-19°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-17°
-29°
Sat
Mostly sunny
-22°
-24°

Looking around the house
Valentine's decor is up.
House has been picked up.  

Thinking and pondering
Hummm... we will be gone 1 week in March... might need to start spring-cleaning earlier this year.
Was sick to my stomach on Saturday night.. hoping it goes well on vacation.  Will restart fodmap protocol next week.

On my tv tonight

Big brother (local edition) saison 3
Indéfédendable
L'oeil du cyclone
Stats
.. and some more shows that are dvr'd


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week



On the lunch plate
Chicken salad 

On the supper plate
Sausages and rice

On the menu this week
  • With the fodmap protocol all I know is cut down white bread, pasta, grains, dairy products... so whatever is left... meat, veggies (have to check quantity that is acceptable and which ones are lowfodmap), and 1 fruit (not apples or pears which are high-fodmap) per meal.
  • DH can fend for himself
  • ...
On my reading pile
Will choose another book, the one I had started this week is not to my liking.


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Dust main floor
  • Print fodmap class documents and take notes

Monday
  • Post here
  • Deep-clean pantry (not done last week
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • cook big pack of costco sausages
  • Send papers for insurance ...
  • .... babysit sick grandkids... so possibly nothing will get done
Decluttering
  • 2 plastic shelves that are all crooked.. dh made new ones out of wood
  • 1 Christmas projector we had brought from mom's (not working well)

Upcoming this week
Tuesday: In-town work
Wednesday noon - 3rd class of Fodmap - Mediterannean diet

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Nothing changes but things are NOT getting done.
Knit socks
Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure
watching the snow fall outside while staying inside all snuggled up 

Lesson learned in the past week
Stay calm... no use getting upset with other people's incompetence... they will not go faster or be smarter.


From the camera:





Quote of the week








4 comments:

  1. Hope your grandkids are feeling better! Cute skating picture. Interesting about the apples, guess I'm thinking of applesauce that's supposed to be good for stomach troubles. Hope that you feel better and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you were sick to your stomach, hope you're feeling better now. I had a good laugh at your quote this week. Hahahah

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my Lovely! I hope you're feeling better, I hear ya with back pain stuff. ugh! Love the video - I'm currently thinking about areas I need to organize around here. And love the skating pic - so sweet. And your funny I relate with all too well! 😂 Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the photo of the snow taken by your camera absolutely adorable. It's great to see a child enjoying and playing in the snow. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete