Tuesday 3 January 2023

Happy Homemaker 2022-01-02

Welcome 2023!  Health, happiness and smiles to all my friends and family


Hope you got to enjoy the

“Romjulshygge (romm-yools-hue-guh)

This is that cosy time between Christmas and New Year when you might not be back at work fully yet, and you don't have the pressure of all the Christmas events.”

I did!  First night of pretty much full sleep was Wednesday night, about time I had less coughing.  Yay finally on the mend.

I slowly put away all Christmas (a box per room, will be easier next year) and got rid of a little Christmas items which I liked a little less.  Got the fridge emptied (froze what we didn't eat), did laundry and put the house back together.  Washed all beds and bathrooms. Vac'd everywhere.

30th we left after lunch to go to my parent's house.  Sis brought supper.  31st we got my parents out of the house for a few hours and decluttered 4 big garbage bags (spices, etc...) and 4 big recycling bags of wine glasses and glasses were given away.  I had brought lunch (french onion soup and stuffed bell peppers).  NY's Eve was at my brother's house - we had a great time.  (One niece had fever so did not come).  DD& her boyfriend came and other niece had her new boyfriend (seems like a very nice person).  We left around 1:30.

Jan 1st - we left around 11:00 to come back home.  stopped for lunch on our way home.  Thought we would see ds & grandkids (had not seen them since Christmas) but they were chilling, so off we went for a fondu supper with sil & bil.

Jan 2nd - ds and grandkids spent the day here with us.  Finally kids opened their gifts on Ftime.  DDIL was with friends and shopping.

Today is an at-home, laundry, picking up and hopefully a slow-day.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 



The weather
Tue
Snow showers
2°
-3°
Wed
Partly cloudy
0°
-10°
Thu
Snow
-7°
-7°
Fri
Snow showers
-3°
-7°
Sat
Snow showers
-3°
-11°

On my mind - word of the year

Bienveillance -  (benevolance / kindness) towards others and myself.

Quote of the year
As she planted, so does she harvest ; such is the field of Karma - Sri Guru Granth Sahib

I've also started listing goals for 2023 - will come back to this later.

Upcoming this week
Back to telework on the 5th of January.
Grandpa will be babysitting the 5th and the 6th as daycare is still closed for the holidays.

On the breakfast plate
2 oat toasts with peanut butter, cheese and a clementine

On my reading pile
Le petit carnet des coeurs perdus by Enolla Brunetti - liking this one - a feel-good book

On my tv
Have not watched anything


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing




On the menu this week
No idea but from the freezer

From the camera:

Don't have any Christmas pictures yet so I'll put them up later.


Looking around the house

I will continue my decluttering for 2023

On my to-do list
  • Post here
  • Catch up on blogs
  • Laundry
  • Picking up
Decluttering
  • 1 beautiful pot brought from mom but no place so ddil took it... in-and-out

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Will work on knitted socks that had been put aside for quite awhile

Quote of the week


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling so much better and on the mend! I really do love your word of the year. I still need to get a post up about mine. Hope you've had a fabulous week and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I LOVE your word for the year! I had to look up Romjulshygge (romm-yools-hue-guh) - I LIKE it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete