Monday 23 January 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-01-23

 Good morning friends

Recap of last week:

Tuesday - In-town work and got my glasses readjusted.  DH picked up grandkids from daycare and ds's car from garage.  We delivered the lot to them after supper.

Wednesday - ddil & ds worked in town so dh picked up grandkids at daycare so they could have supper here.  

Saturday did not do much (went to give our sympathies at the funeral parlor followed by groceries).  DS, DDIL & Grandkids arrived around 4:00 for supper (fondue chinoise), followed by games and some funny tv show.  they all slept over and left Sunday after breakfast as grandkids had swimming lessons.  Xavier is now in a group where they go in the pool without the parents.  Another funeral parlor to go to around noon.  Stopped by The King of the Pie to get a coconut pie, a meat pie, a strawberry pie and some donuts.  When we got back home did some housechores and some cooking.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - Some categories have changed a bit and the order has changed.



The weather
Mon
Partly cloudy
-1°
-7°
Tue
Snow showers
1°
-17°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
-11°
-12°
Thu
Snow
-3°
-13°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-9°
-16°


Looking around the house
Main floor isn't so bad but basement needs picking up after having grandkids this weekend.
Valentine's decor will be going up this week.
It's Home, cozy and homey.

Thinking and pondering
I have to get rid of the things I'm procrastinating about... like call CABLE company AGAIN... prices keep going up from month to month.  They have no competition here (only 2 companies) so they do pretty much what they want.
Started doing the 12 week class (once a week) about fodmap /mediteranean diet.  Did the 5 day Ayurveda challenge ... well I watched the videos, now I need to apply what I learned.  Trying to work towards my goals ... slowly..

On my tv tonight

Big brother (local edition) saison 3
Indéfédendable
L'oeil du cyclone
Stats
.. and some more shows that are dvr'd


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
FB ayurveda 5-day challenge (but it's in French and you have to be part of the group so can't share)

On the lunch plate
Brocoli soup
chicken salad sandwich

On the supper plate
Lasagna

On the menu this week
  • Lasagna
  • Veggies and sausages
  • ...
On my reading pile
Ni vu ni connu by Vera Kurian


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Prep cantaloup
  • Prep a pan of veggies for the week
  • Brocoli soup

Monday
  • Post here
  • Prep spaghetti sauce in the crockpot
  • Dr.'s routine appointment at 10:00
  • Deep-clean pantry
  • Prep a ginger drink recipe
  • Cook some hard-boiled eggs
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • ...
Decluttering
  • 1 toy hat
Upcoming this week
Monday - Start of a new exercise challenge - 15 min. a day.  Routine doctor's appointment and results from tests done in December
Tuesday - 8:00 am endodontist for my sore tooth for a root canal... this is just the consult for $300!   This one is waying on my mind... getting there in traffic, going to work in traffic afterwards, cost, tooth not yet repaired, still hurting.   pfffff.. just got a call they are cancelling for tomorrow morning and will call me back at another date - was not happy and told them so.. my dentist said it was an emergency and took 2 months to get that appointment which they confirmed last Friday.  so for now back to square one.... 
They just called again.. was supposed to be wednesday afternoon... they changed that to Friday afternoon... sigh... I am NOT  a happy camper.. and now I have to take a half day off work for half an hour... go to town (40 minutes from here)... pfffff  
Wednesday noon - 2nd class of Fodmap class

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Nothing changes but things are NOT getting done.
Knit socks
Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure
This week is the 25th... which is Rudolph day... hoping I can do something 'Christmas'... probably watch a Christmas movie with some hot chocolate.
It is also my 'ME' day... the day of our birthday in the month (26 for me)... so I'll be having some coconut pie on my day :)

Lesson learned in the past week
Takes less time to do some things than we think and would be better to eat the frog than procrastinate!


From the camera:

Nothing


Quote of the week






5 comments:

  1. SO sorry the dentist is being a pain and that leaves you in pain! I hope that gets handled soon. LOVE your funny! I need to call the cable company too and have been putting it off for so long...I understand your procrastination. I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the dental things, ugh. Hope they get things figured out *without too much hassle for you* and that your mouth feels better soon. Oh, coconut pie sounds wonderful. My mom used to always make me a coconut meringue pie on my birthday. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooth pain is the worst, I pray that the pain is gentle until it is fixed. I have never heard of Rudolph day, I am going to have to google that. Happy Birthday sweet blogging friend. I love lasagna so much. I will keep you and your tooth in my prayers, and I hope your birthday is blessed :)
    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie. So sorry for the pain and hassle you're enduring regarding your dental stuff. It's the worst! I hope you're able to take real time for you and do some crafting you'd like. Do the new exercise plan you want to start. Eat some thing yummy (life is about balance 😉 ) Whatever nourishes your heart and soul this week - fill it up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cable company AND the electric company are just ridiculous here in the city! Another reason I can't wait to move. I have to have excellent internet for my job but they seriously just keep charging exorbitant prices! I started a new morning routine with some exercise on Monday and I already missed a day! Ah well. No one is perfect! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete