Monday 16 January 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-01-16

Good morning!

Recap of last week:

Tuesday - In-town work for the 1st time in over a month.  Was nice to see people again... one I had not seen since beginning of Covid.

Wednesday - ddil & ds worked in town so dh picked up grandkids at daycare so they could have supper here.  When they left town the back window of their Tucson had fallen in the car! and the breaks stuck and are shot.  So they had to stop at a garage on the way back and leave the car there.  DH picked them up and drove them home.  Grandkids slept here and dh brought them to daycare Thursday morning.

Friday ds picked up his car after work and stopped by with grandkids so they had supper here. We booked Punta Cana with sis & bil, brother &sil, cousin + his wife form April 19 to 26.  I'm very nervous, last time I went on a one-week all inclusive was more than 15 years ago in Cuba and have has stomach problems since then (du to?? virus, bacteria, genes, antibiotics... no idea but have had Crohn's disease since).  ... what will be, will be.

Saturday, started some deep-spring cleaning and a little decluttering.  Sunday was mass (paid for mil & fil by us) and nothing much during the day.  I did order a few beachwear things, hoping some of it fits and finally started on my yucky paperwork.  Supper at a Chicken place with sil & bil.

Today will be housechores and more paperwork

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 



The weather
Mon
Snow showers
-5°
-7°
Tue
Snow showers
-4°
-6°
Wed
Cloudy
-2°
-7°
Thu
Partly cloudy
-3°
-8°
Fri
Snow showers
-4°
-8°


On my mind
I HATE having appointments of any kind and I have many coming up.
Trip - Have a list of things to do so I can try to be as healthy as possible for that trip.
Think I will sign up for a Fodmap/mediteranean diet class (it is virtual with a local nutrionnist accredited by Monash university), it is expensive but I think it can only do my health good - DONE - I registered!
Have a few things to take care of (procrastinating)... Union things (DONE), financial things... beurk.  should try to do them and get that off my shoulders.

Upcoming this week
Tuesday: have an appointment to adjust my glasses (had a box knock them off my face when deep-cleaning the craft closet).  Will drop off some gloves & hats for the homeless at the same time.  Tuesday night - Union meeting by zoom.
Wednesday at 9:30 - zoom meeting with nutritionnist before start of the fodmap/mediteranean class from 12:00 to 1:00 1 wednesday every 2 weeks.

On the breakfast plate
 1 bowl of millet cream, 1oat toast with peanut butter.  With a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Ni vu ni connu by Vera Kurian

On my tv
New programs started this week, yet again too much to watch.... waaay too much...

Christmas movies
A coeur battant
Alerte
Big brother (local edition) saison 3
Bull
Discussion avec mes parents
Doute raisonnable
Hotel
Indéfédendable
L'amour est dans les prés
La confrérie (saison 2)
La vraie nature
La voix
Larry
Le bonheur
L'échappée
L'oeil du cyclone
L'empereur
Léo
Le bon docteur
Le résident
Les bracelets rouges
Les mecs
Les moments parfaits
New Amsterdam
Nous
Pennyworth (season 2) - Decided to stop this one.
Personnes d'intérêts
Sans rendez-vous
Stats
Virage


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week





On the menu this week
No idea but from the freezer again.


From the camera:

Nothing


Looking around the house



On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Install new curtains in my bedrom (will borrow sil's vapor iron to use on them)
  • Deep-clean and declutter: craft closet, office armoire, bathroom closet
  • Union survey... oops 2 days to late to fill it.  there is a union meeting Tuesday night by zoom.
  • Register for the fodmap/mediterannean diet class
  • EPQ - change some financial placements I have that were coming to their due date
  • Take pictures of passport and send to sis
Monday
  • Post here
  • Catch up on blogs
  • More financial things to deal with
  • Vac main floor
  • Dust main floor
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow
  • ...
Decluttering
  • Papers from Halloween notebook + some Halloween patterns (still have a box of Halloween patterns).
  • Papers from work desk
  • 4 old pens
  • 2 baby spoons
  • More Papers from file cabinet
  • 2 cardboad boxes that I had kept for crafts
  • Will be given to my niece: 6 pillowcases, sticky notepad of New York, 1 frame, 1 set of fairy lights, 1 bag of pastel crayons, 1 beautiful jar, 1 wood canvas 
  • 3 small metal buckts brand new to put crayons will be given to ddil for the grandkids
  • Apx 30 business cards
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit socks
Crochet pillow cover

Quote of the week






2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about "knit socks". Next time a picture? Kind regards from the Netherlands. O and I HATE having appointments too. Same here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear Lucie! I'm so sorry that you have anxiety attached to trying to plan a fun trip. I don't blame you after having such issues once you got back. Sending up prayers this time will be different and it will just be a wonderful trip in every way! I hope all of your appointments go smoothly and really well. Love. your funny! Lol ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete