Monday 31 October 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-10-31

Happy Halloween!

With daycare being closed, for now, dh will be babysitting 2 days a week and they will go to a temporary daycare 3 mornings a week and on those days the parents will be keeping them in the afternoon while teleworking.  Last Friday dh went in town with the two and had them play in the climbing and sliding games and they had hotdogs for lunch.  They seemed to have alot of fun.

I have had a cold part of last week, and pulled a muscle in my back and had my 1st period in 2 years since having my IUD removed... sigh...

Work has been overly busy and it will keep on that way as they have to deliver new computer systems by dec. 31st.  it is already getting crazy.

DDIL left Friday to go to a cottage with her stepmom for her 50th bday anniversary - so ds was with grandkids all weekend.  He left with them friday at 7:30 (dh had babysat all day).

Saturday ds arrived with grandkids around 9:30 - he & dh went to funeral parlor.  They spent the day here since we had a family supper at my sil's for my niece's 22nd birthday and slept over. 

Sunday the grandkids had swimming lessons so ds went with AnneE and then dh drove Xavier over for his lesson and brought back Anne-E .  They left after lunch.  Picked up all afternoon.  Have to wash beddings as Anne-E's diaper was too full and leaked.

DD's former roommate texted us saying dd had taken her handheld blender and she EXPECTED that we transfer her $70 right away... say what?  told here we verified with dd (which we did and she does not have it - she couldn't join dd as she blocked her everywhere) and she did not have it.  she told us it was stealing and she wanted her money??!!  we ended up blocking her too.  We were there when dd moved and the roommated checked all that went out ... calm down!  DD had told us that was why she moved, she was just crazy.. to prove it she had taken a picture of the garbage can with a post-it saying do not put garbage in there, it's MY garbage bag?!  

Halloween tonight so grandkids will probably stop by.  I have 90 bags of cheessticks and a box of 90 chocolate bars.  DS should bring his candy here too (not many go in their area)

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 





The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Cloudy
13°
4°
Tue
Showers
13°
4°
Wed
Mostly sunny
13°
1°
Thu
Partly cloudy
13°
7°
Fri
Cloudy
17°
12°

On my mind 
daycare, parents, work, ...
prepping for CHristmas!! :) :)

Upcoming this week
Dh should babysit Tuesday and Friday .  
Tuesday in-town work.
Next Saturday going to dd's house to bring her her snowtires, then on to my parent's house for a supper with cousins.  Sleeping over and hopefully me and sis can go through a few things in my parent's room... so need dad to take mom out of there for a few hours on Sunday.
 
On the breakfast plate
Egg and Toast with oat milk

On my reading pile
Le café du bonheur by Lucy Diamond 

On my tv
Personnes d'intérêt (saison2)
L'échappée
5e rang
Chanteurs masqués
Stats (saison 1)
Indéfendables (saison 1)
Doc
Le bon docteur
Cerebrum (saison 2)
Discussion avec mes parents (saison 3)
Avant le Crash (saison 2)
Alertes 
Qui sait chanter
Ana et Arnaud (saison 1)
Les honorables (saison 2)
Une affaire criminelle
C'est comme ça que je t'aime
Entre deux draps
Les moments parfaits
Chouchou (saison 1)
Hôtel (saison 1)
La Brea (saison 1)
Christmas movies have started on W Channel, so will record those I have not seen yet


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week





On the menu this week
I planned a few things for me... hard-boiled eggs, salmon, veggie soup.  


From the camera:

Halloween a few years back




Looking around the house
Halloween is in the air!  Tonight all of this gets taken down.. tomorrow is back to Fall for a few weeks.
It is time to start thinking.. Christmas...
Still need to declutter

On my to-do list

Sunday
  • Laundry
  • Go through a tub of books with ds
  • Vac main floor
  • Mop floors
  • Dust kitchen, kitchenette, hallway, office and bedroom
  • LR will get dusted after Halloween is taken down.
  • Wash inside patio door... lots of little handprints on there
  • Wash bedding in crib as there was a little leaking
  • Wash bedding in single bed downstairs.
  • Cook hard-boiled eggs.
  • Cook a few portions of salmon
  • Make some veggie soup
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Put fairy lights on top of other kitchen cabinet - DONE
  • Give out Halloween candy
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • More laundry
  • Put patches on Xavier's jeans
  • Put up a basket with throws in LR
  • Cook some millet cream - DONE
  • Cook some quinoa for lunches - DONE
  • Wanted to start basement deep-clean of bathroom, but... thinking I might need some rest instead, ... need it.
  • Prep for work on Tuesday - DONE
  • DH is going for his hearing-aids this morning (to see how it's going) and he wants to bake potatoe pies this afternoon
  • Grandkids, ddil & ds are coming for an early supper and then they will trick or treat with the children around here.

Decluttering
  • Apx. 10 magazines in recycling
  • 10 books to give in the Free-Library box if niece and nephew don't wan them

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Sleep... I need sleep... 


Funny of the week

Happy Halloween!






6 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Cute funny. Sounds like your grandkids are keeping you super busy. I'm always in awe of how much you get done each week. Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the water color tutorial ... I have tried it several times and I ahve some trouble getting the brush stroke jsut right. I''ll get a long fairly well then mess it ump towards the end.. I know practice makes perfect... I may get my paints out once again this winter and give it another try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your cold, and I can't even imagine having a period after not having one for a few years.....Bless your heart :)
    The Halloween picture of you a few years back is qyite cute and the funny cartoon made me giggle. Your post is always so nice to come and read. Your to do list is amazing.
    Have a wonderful day!
    xo
    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Great funny! Sounds like you're very busy. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Lucie! Sorry I'm so late this week. I hurt my back too! I think it must be the season? geesh. I have a pinched nerve and had to limit computer time. And a cold and period too - I'm so sorry!! I pray you feel better from EVERYTHING soon! I love the halloween pic of the past. And your funny was so perfect for Monday! Lol Have a better weekend ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so busy again and sorry you've been under the weather again. Babysitting a couple days a week is probably good for hubby since he retired? LOVE the funny! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete