Monday 5 September 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-09-05

Good morning!  A holiday here - Fête du travail

Last week we had grandkids most of the week as daycare was closed AGAIN.  This time her son had covid.  

I had an eye-exam on Tuesday night, one eye is a wee bit stronger but don't need a change! woot-woot... however I did get prices for a pair of glasses:  $1026!! yikes, I will look elsewhere what I can find.  and those I did not even have a wow sensation for the frames.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we had some guys working on the front lawn (taking down the cement blocks and some dirt) and putting up new blocks (but much less!)... and while at it dh decided to do his garange entryway... so they will be back Monday.

Saturday the grandkids spent the day here and slept over as the parents had a brunch, golf and then a party.  We also had an outside party at dh's cousin's house but it's on the same street as us so I came back at 7:30 for baths and bedtime.  DH came back at 10:00.

Sunday we met my parents, sis and bil in town to visit the Mosaicultures.  so beautiful!  The grandkids liked it too.  Then we all came back home.  Supper was potage, stuffed bell peppers and apple-puddding-chomeur.  My parents, sis and bil stayed the night and left Sunday around 10:00.  Grandkids left Sunday evening with their parents.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
20°
10°
Tue
Sunny
23°
11°
Wed
Sunny
26°
13°
Thu
Isolated thunderstorms
26°
14°
Fri
Partly cloudy
27°
15°



On my mind 
September - time to try and get ready for the 'Ber' months, Fall, Christmas, decluttering, etc.... seeking some motivation with Diane in Danemark (see the video below)

Upcoming this week
Back to 2 days a week at the office - uggg!
Hoping to get back into a routine.
Saturday night we have a music show - Nashville, should be fun.

On the breakfast plate
1 egg, 1 toast, oranges and oat milk

On my reading pile

Au bord de la rivière T02 - Camille by Michel David


On my tv
Christmas movies 
Big Brother
Personnes d'intérêt (saison 1)
Some new programs are starting this week

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
From the freezer


From the camera:
In back of us there is an Orca made out of plants






Looking around the house
Since it's already afternoon, it is starting to shape up.

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Dust bedroom
  • Reorganize and dust office
  • Dust hallway
  • Clean main bathroom
  • Dust kitchen and kitchenette
  • Bake 2 casseroles of stuffed belle peppers
  • Make potage
  • Cut pineapple and cantaloup
  • Bake an apple pudding chomeur
  • Pay bills

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry - ongoing 
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Mop kitchen, kitchenette, hallway, bathroom, LR - DONE
  • Re-Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Put up dd's coffee table for sale on Marketplace
  • Prep for work tomorrow
  • Clean out bathroom armoire... maybe it's nice out so might go read outside instead ;)

Decluttering
  • 10 magazines Coup-de-pouce
  • 1 livre randonnées au Québec

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on Christmas ornaments

Funny of the week









6 comments:

  1. The mosaicultures are beautiful! That Orca is amazing! Looks like a fun time! And ouch on the price of the glasses!! I don't blame you for shopping around. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BER months, always really look forward to them. You have quite a big to do list, hope you're able to get it all done. Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beautiful Soul! Sorry I'm so late this week. I always love the peeks into your life. And I love that you folks celebrate Labor Day too. ;) The gardens with all those animals looks amazing! Absolutely stunning how real the animals look. And your funny this week is brilliant!! 😆 Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with you and the lion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the funny quote is so true. Next time .... (o no, I am happily married)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO sorry I'm so late this week! But, I'm so excited about the "BER months being here! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete