Monday 25 April 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-04-25

Good morning!  

Recap of last week:

Monday - picking up after the weekend away

Tuesday - dh babysat grandkids as daycare was closed.  I did not go into the office, still coughing.  Got a doc appointment - sinusitis - got antibiotics for 10 days + something for my nose for 1 month.  Did not go in to work on Thursday either, too much coughing.  Friday after work we went to get a burger and did some groceries.  stopped by sil's to chat for about 1 hour.

Saturday- got the grandkids all day.  drove them home around 4:00.  did some houschores with Xavier's help.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Cloudy
14°
6°
Tue
Showers
14°
6°
Wed
Showers
8°
2°
Thu
Cloudy
6°
2°
Fri
Cloudy
8°
3°
Looks like a gray week!

On my mind
Strike days (with rain!)
cost of gas (almost $2 a liter here)

On the breakfast plate
Millet cream and cranberry/orange toast and oat milk

On my reading pile

Le minimalisme au quotidien by Joshua Fields Millburn et Ryan Nicodemus

99 façons de prévenir les effets du vieillissement: Conseils d'un physio by 


On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Star académie
Movies from Lifetime channel
Survivre à ces enfants (saison 1)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
No Idea

From the camera:

Acrylic paint on watercolor paper with tutorials from Jesse Robertson


Looking around the house
It's ok but I need to pick up.

On my to-do list

This weekend
  • Air out LR door curtain and put it back up
  • Air out 3 winter coats and another pair of now pants
  • Wash 2 pairs of winter boots
  • wash 2 entry closets and put away winter 
  • cook a pack of italian sausages and cup up in slices for freezing
  • Vac main floor
  • Pick up income taxes
  • Wash / reorganise / purge bathroom drawers
  • Wash / reorganise / purge bathroom armoire
  • Laundry

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • go meet dh's financial planificator

Decluttering
  • 1 sled (broken)
  • 1 photo frame (rusted)
  • 1 small toy car
  • 1 pair of winter socks
  • 2 mittens with no match
  • 2 pairs of gloves
  • 1 umbrella cover
  • 1 earmuff
  • 1 scarf
  • Decorative flowers to put on boots
  • 1 handmade rabbit (givent to my niece)
  • makeup purse
  • old expired medication
  • nail file
  • 2 old spot-cleaner bottles for the couch we have had for over 30 years!

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Crochet cushion cover
Start another pair of knit socks


Quote of the week




4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! It's allergy season here and everyone is sneezing and wiping watery eyes from all the plants that are blooming. Your paintings are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been so screwy this year which makes me LOVE & LAUGH at your funny! Sure hope you feel better soon. I LOVE your paintings - so pretty and colorful. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucie! I'm back from my travels and catching up. ;) I hope you feel better soon. That sinus crud is the worst!! Love the paintings - you're so talented! And I'm intrigued by the sinus video. Doesn't hurt to try 😉 Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love the quote though I hope I don't have to put my Christmas tree back up any time soon. Hope you feel better and get some warmer weather very soon. And by the way, I love your paintings. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete