Monday 18 April 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-04-18

Good morning!  Happy Birthday to my daughter who is 31 today


Last Tuesday dh babysat granchildren (as daycare was closed).  I was at work in town. So many unfair things going on at work :(  Tuesday night I was sick (wondering if indigestion or a virus). 

Wednesday was telework but sore throat, splitting headeache all day.  did a covid test but negative.  Got a message from union... we will be on strike april 26 and 27.

Thursday I did not go in town for work did telework as I had covid-like symptoms... turns out all but one of the team were also feeling sick, but for now we are all covid-negative.  I took Thursday afternoon off to rest a little (had been up since 3:15).  I enjoyed my afternoon by doing some drawing tutorials on youtube.

Friday was picking up around the house and prepping for the weekend at my parent's house for Easter.  DH went to garage with our rav-4 this week, the 2nd part of driving shaft is broken (it cost us $900 last time to fix the 1st part) :(  My son also brought his car to the garage and transmission has to be changed (between 3500 to 4000 if new) there is a collective action for the company but it has not been approved yet.  not sure if they will repair or change.

Saturday we went to my parent's house for Easter.  My son, ddil and grandkids also came.  Xavier drove in with us so we stopped to see some dinosaurs along the way, he was ecstatic - in fact I have to print out the picture with him and the dinosaur so he can play with it.

Sunday was Easter Brunch and Anne-Elizabeth's 1st birthday, a few were sick with covid or other so it turns out we were 53 instead of 70.  It was cold - we even had a few snowflakes!! even with a tent and a little heat.  My dd came by too.  We left after supper and after the kids.  DD calls us she was about 25 min. from her home, she hit a deer, car will have to be repaired but she is ok and could drive home afterwards (we stopped to see how things were).  she was very nervous.  she calls us about 15 min. later... she had hit a raccoon!  

Got home at 10:15.  This morning this cough is going even stronger.  dh is starting to cough too.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Mostly sunny
8°
1°
Tue
Rain and snow
5°
3°
Wed
Scattered showers
8°
-2°
Thu
Showers
10°
6°
Fri
Scattered showers
9°
-1°



On my mind
Cars! cars! cars!
Mom

On the breakfast plate
Peanut butter on oat toast and oat milk

On my reading pile

Le minimalisme au quotidien by Joshua Fields Millburn et Ryan Nicodemus

99 façons de prévenir les effets du vieillissement: Conseils d'un physio by 


On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Star académie


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week



On the menu this week
No Idea

From the camera:











Looking around the house
It's ok but I need to pick up and do laundry.

On my to-do list

Good Friday
  • Air out office curtains and put them back up
  • Air out kitchen and kitchenette curtains and put them back up
  • Reorganize some shelves in basement pantry
  • Reorganize my armoire and declutter some clothes
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Prep to go to my parent's house for Easter
  • Dust my bedroom
  • Laundry
  • Air out a winter coat and snow pants
  • Wash 2 pairs of winter boots

Easter Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry - ongoing
  • Air out more curtains
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Vac basement - DONE
  • Pay bills
  • Paint or continue spring-cleaning?

Decluttering
  • 2 boxes of luminary inserts picked up from a job site dropped off at the thrift store
  • 1 belt
  • 7 pairs of socks
  • 1 jeans
  • 1 slip garment
  • 1 beach-summer skirt & top (given to niece)
  • 1 pj top
  • The 4 tires on Markeplace finally sold and are out of the house!
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 


Quote of the week


5 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon and certainly hope it is not CoVid. I certainly have heard enough about it in the past two years. It is a virus that I hope we see less and less of soon.
    Thankful that your daughter was not hurt. Cars can be fixed or replaced, but people can not!
    It is certainly cold where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you start to feel better very soon. Wow, your daughter hit 2 animals in one night, hope that didn't shake her up too much. And happy birthday to her! Glad to hear that you had a nice although cold Easter. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're not feeling well and all the stress with your job! Great pictures - especially love the one with Xavier in the dinosaur. And Happy birthday to your daughter - she's so pretty! Have a great week and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to read your post knowing that now I can leave comments. My SIL who is a technical guru fixed my computer!!! YAY!!! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete