Monday 4 April 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-04-04

Good morning

Last week we had a strike day - 4 hours of manifestations.  Luckily one of my friends who is retired from govt came to spend this time with me.  we ate lunch together, was nice to see her after 2 years.

Had Xavier over on Thursday because he was tired and ddil wanted him to have a quiet day.  I was working but dh took him to McD's for lunch.  We did not have the grandkids over the weekend so I did some more deep-cleaning.  However, today is a change of plans.  My husband just left to pick both up, they are coughing so will not go to daycare.

Saturday picked up some Easter gift bags at the dollarstore and some meat for the bbq, which we took out of the gazebo (and over the snow banks) to put on the patio.  1st time this season!

We were to have a family brunch on Sunday for my nephew's bday but it was postponed as my sister-in-law has covid.  My brother and his girlfriend also have it.

We are now officially in the 6th wave of covid.  For now the 'masks-off' is april 15th, might change.  

Work - is starting 'in office' this week - 2 days a week.  My days are Tuesdays and Thursdays (determined by my boss).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Mostly sunny
6°
-6°
Tue
Mostly sunny
7°
-4°
Wed
Mostly sunny
5°
-1°
Thu
Rain and snow
3°
2°
Fri
Rain and snow
3°
2°

On my mind
Mom - sis called me this weekend... she is hiding food in cupboards, her fridge needs a weekly cleaning out as she just puts things in there and forgets them.
Going back to work officially
Covid

On the breakfast plate
Peanut butter on oat toast and oat milk

On my reading pile

Origine by Dan Brown

99 façons de prévenir les effets du vieillissement: Conseils d'un physio


On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
Big Brother (local edition - saison 2)
La confrerie (saison 1)
Le bonheur (saison 1) 
Les mecs (saison 2)
Les moments parfaits (saison 2)
Léo (saison 2)
L'homme qui aimait trop (saison 1)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
New Amsterdam
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Sans rendez-vous (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Doc (saison 1)
Le bon docteur
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Star académie
Last episodes of most of what I watch will be airing this week

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


On the menu this week
No Idea

From the camera:

Socks I finished Friday night


Looking around the house
Needs to be vac'd!  not so bad but after the grankids will need picking up ;)

On my to-do list

Sunday
  • Laundry
  • Deep-cleaned main bathroom (walls, woodwork, blinds, windows inside/out, shower and ceramic) and normal bathroom cleaning.
  • Deep-cleaned kitchenette (walls, ceramic, outside of cabinets - they will get done in the Fall - replaced fairy lights differently on top of cabinets.  Curtains still need to be aired out.
  • Washed my bedding and remade bed

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Take care of grandkids
  • What I had planned:  wash patio & kitchen outside window, wash heavy winter boots (not all yet), prep for in-office work tomorrow, make muffins, make cream of millet for my breakfasts , vac main floor
Decluttering
  •  
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Crafting basket - nothing for now
Read 


Funny of the week






4 comments:

  1. I am praying for all those affected by this awful virus. The past 2 years seem to have changed our lifestyle and we are trying to find some new normal here in the Ozarks. Enjoy those days with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear there's another round of Covid making the rounds by you. Hope you do get to be mask free on the April date. Great looking socks. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR FUNNY - SO CUTE. When my grams started having issues she would pt the food, piece by piece, into ziploc bags and walk them out to the trash can in the garage because she was afraid of getting ants in the house. Sadly it seemed to happen over night and within 3 months we had to put her into a more controlled setting so I could get some sleep and keep working - always hard decisions to make :( I hope the job issues get easier. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lucie! 😊
    Ugh on another wave of covid! So over this darned virus. I hope it improves soon. You folks are the best grandparents. What a blessing you are to your son and DIL. 💕 I love the socks - so cute! And the funny is absolutely true 😉 xoxo

    ReplyDelete