Monday 7 February 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-02-07

Good morning!

Last week was another busy teleweek with all new tasks... sigh!  I do like routine too.  They did confirm I would have a promotion... in 1 or 2 months... will be official when it is signed off.

Had Xavier from Friday (supper) until Sunday (supper).  Anne-E was here Saturday through Sunday (supper).  Had been a full 2 weeks without seeing them as they had covid.

On Friday night Xavier awoke frequently crying, so we ended up having him sleep in bed with us.  As soon as I'd hug him he'd fall back asleep (... not so with me ;)).  Saturday he slept very well.  However Anne-E slept well during the day but Saturday night was not so good, she cried alot (did not recognize the place and 1st time sleeping here without her parents).  I was with her from 9:15 to 10:30pm., then dh took my place and he slept with her downstairs while I stayed upstairs with Xavier.  We did have fun with them here.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Snow showers
-2°
-5°
Tue
Snow showers
-1°
-3°
Wed
Snow showers
-1°
-3°
Thu
Snow showers
2°
-11°
Fri
Snow showers
-3°
-4°



Nice to finally have some balmy weather!


On my mind
I have a big file to deliver for work (in fact delivered it Friday but had to call it back after it was deployed to 1500 people... sigh... there was a mistake in the automated report), so even though I don't work Monday morning, I will take an hour to revise it, in case the com-person delivers it on Monday.

On the breakfast plate
2 raisin-toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile
Le Sanitorium by Sarah Pearse 

On my tv
Christmas movies
Absentia (2e saison)
Big Brother (local edition - saison 2)
La confrerie (saison 1)
Le bonheur (saison 1) 
Les mecs (saison 2)
Les moments parfaits (saison 2)
Léo (saison 2)
L'homme qui aimait trop (saison 1)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
New Amsterdam
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Sans rendez-vous (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Doc (saison 1)
Le bon docteur
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Star académie


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
Leftovers! from the weekend... pasta with ham, beef, lots of veggies, shrimps, ...
Also pizza on English muffins and stuffed peppers.


From the camera:

Nothing this week

Looking around the house
... sigh....
lots of picking up to do... floors to wash...etc...

On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Paid bills
  • Laundry
  • Valentine's decor
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Exercise 
  • vac main floor
  • work for the office 1 hour
  • Mop floors
  • Clear out fridge
  • More laundry
  • ....
  • CHANGE OF PLANS.... going to town to do errands... just came back and it's 3:00 and noticed I did not publish this post... sigh...
Decluttering
  • 1 BIG metal arm made for computers or monitor ... but really old - dh had picked it up on a job site, never used and never will be used.  It is now gone to recycling.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Start another puzzle, read, knit 


Quote of the week:



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming promotion! Sounds like a tiring but fun time with your grandkids. Funny quote for the week, I like it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful Friend!
    Congrats on the promotion!! And I'm so glad you got time with the grandkiddos again, but sorry the sleep wasn't so good. It's hard when they're so little yet. But I have no doubt you treasure the time. 😊
    I loved the video! Since I started back to weight watchers I have been adopting better habits very similarly. I drink water first thing every morning. I have been prepping lots of fruits and veggies so they're handy all the time (because they are "free points" on WW). And I've been making sure I get better sleep.
    I ADORE your inspiration this week! So sweet. Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete