Monday 14 February 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-02-14

 Good morning!

Telework last week - blah!  I did receive some excuses but still got blasted beforehand.

Had Xavier over on Friday as he had a cold and did not go to daycare.  I was teleworkig so dh was in charge.

Saturday morning we went to my parent's house to meet my 2 brothers, sister, sil, 1 nephew and 1 niece.  got my dad to take mom for a visit to an uncle's house so we went to work decluttering in the basement.

We wanted to do the bedroom where we sleep when we go there so started by that and then moved on and did half the other basement bedroom before parents got back at 3:00 pm.  We decluttered ALOT.  I am just worried mom will see but the others (who see her more as they live closer) said she wouldn't notice - crossing my fingers.   We got 5 or 6 industrial garbage bags full of new stuff to give away (mom always had lots of gifts for people who came over at Christmas and had no gifts), we each brought back a few things and we got a trailer full for the dump.  For those who are not aware mom has a beginning of Alzheimers and one symptom is that she doesn't get rid of anything anymore.  Dad was very happy, at least we got the heating vents cleared off and no more fire-hazard.

Daughter text yesterday morning - she has covid - she is also immun-suppressed.  For now she says it's like a cold.  she will not be working this week.

We got back home Sunday at 4:30 and unpacked whatever we had brought back (mostly some toys for the grandkids and some crafting supplies for me).

Today is doing some stuff at home.  Did not sleep much over the weekend - too much stress I guess.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-14°
-21°
Tue
Partly cloudy
-11°
-22°
Wed
Cloudy
-1°
-1°
Thu
Rain
6°
-8°
Fri
Snow showers
-7°
-21°


On my mind
Stressed that mom will be mad when she figures out we got rid of things.  Was thinking maybe we should've kept some things but on the other hand nothing we can not buy again - nothing costly.  We need to get things out of there because it was getting out of hand.  Nothing new is coming in as mom does not go shopping anymore so that's good.  We had done a corner of her bedroom last time and it is full again, she takes them from one room and moves the stuff around.
Nice to be with brothers and sisters and being on the same wave-length to help out parents.  Dad was very appreciative.
Daughter and covid

On the breakfast plate
2 raisin-toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile
Le Sanitorium by Sarah Pearse 

On my tv
Christmas movies
Absentia (2e saison)
Big Brother (local edition - saison 2)
La confrerie (saison 1)
Le bonheur (saison 1) 
Les mecs (saison 2)
Les moments parfaits (saison 2)
Léo (saison 2)
L'homme qui aimait trop (saison 1)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
New Amsterdam
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Sans rendez-vous (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Doc (saison 1)
Le bon docteur
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Star académie


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week





On the menu this week
No idea - but from the freezer!


From the camera:
Brothers and sisters together to help out

Grandkids on Valentine's day



Looking around the house
... sigh....
lots to do!!!

On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
  • Nothing
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Exercise 
  • vac main floor
  • Laundry
  • Wash oven
  • Wash basement freezer (dh is taking care of that)
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust kitchenette (and wash inside window there) - DONE
  • Since I bought some sweaters last week I'd like to get some one out of the closet
Decluttering
  • Empty boxes from the garage

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Start another puzzle, read, knit  - SLEEP


Quote of the week:





5 comments:

  1. So sorry you're so stressed. Have been through care taking for multiple family members over the last decade with Alzheimers - never an easy thing to do. Do remember to take care of yourself and not to take on too much guilt for doing the right thing - helping your father out by doing as he needs as he care takes for her. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you're going through, at least emotionally, with your mom. My mom has cognitive decline and is declining rapidly. She has lots of anger... about everything. And although we know that's just part of the disease, it's hard to be patient with. Hang in there. Don't second guess yourself. You are so fortunate to be able to work in agreement with your siblings. When your mom gets mad just remind her that every decision you make is made out of love. Listen to your dad. He needs you to help him as he tries to deal with this new reality every day. My dad keeps telling us "my wife is gone" because mom is so different now. My brother, his wife, my husband and I have a pact that we will be a united front when it comes to making decisions about mom. That support of each other is a must. Thinking of you and praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote for the week. Sorry you are dealing with so much right now. That must be tough and scary with your daughter getting diagnosed with COVID. Prayers that it will be a mild case for her. Hope you find some time to take care of yourself this week and that it's a great week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quote, I try to do that but can't quit collecting books! haha I hope your daughter is doing better with COVID. My best friend had a nasty bout with it last week but she went and got an infusion in the hospital and felt SO much better the next day! Hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Lady!
    I'm hoping things will be okay with your Mom too. You and your siblings are such a blessing to your Dad. It's such a very difficult thing and I have had first hand knowledge and feel for you all. Wish I could give you all hugs! 🤗
    Prayers that the covid stays very mild for your daughter. Your grandkiddos are so darn cute! I love organization videos. I'm never quite as successful as they are but they give great motivation. Lol
    Love your inspiration and so appropriate considering your Mom. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete