Monday 31 January 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-01-31

Good morning!

Have not seen grandkids this week again (except on FTime).  We should be able to see them this week and next weekend they will be spending it here.  Covid confinement is lifted for them as of today.  Today they will be going back to daycare.

My son's whole family had covid, so they are tired... they were not feeling the best, kids either, and telework with children home.

Last week was very busy work-wise.  

Thursday night my son called and his water pump was not working well but dh could not go because of covid.. he wanted to go but ds would not let him.  However my daughter-in-law's dad also had covid and knew about pumps so he went and fixed it for them.  DH did their groceries and errands this week too.

Saturday we met my sister and brother in law in town to walk around - very cold! -30C with windchill.  They came here afterwards for lunch and supper and stayed the night.  Was nice to SEE people.

Today they are lifting the at-home confinement.  we can now have 2 family bubbles in a house and restaurant are opened at 50% capacity.  You can be 4 or 2 family bubbles.  Still LOTS of cases but slow deconfinement.  Next week theaters and cinemas will be opened at 50% capacity... slowly starting to get back to a 'normal' life.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-11°
-22°
Tue
Mostly sunny
-9°
-11°
Wed
Snow
1°
-2°
Thu
Snow showers
0°
-16°
Fri
Snow showers
-13°
-19°




On my mind
Feeling overwhelmed for no reason whatsoever - guess it's time to go take a walk outside, that usually helps.
Missing the grandkids.
Worried about my parents
Covid-tired

On the breakfast plate
A matcha muffin I made yesterday

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
Les âmes inconscientes by Rod Marty

On my tv
Christmas movies
Absentia (2e saison)
Big Brother (local edition - saison 2)
La confrerie (saison 1)
Le bonheur (saison 1) 
Les mecs (saison 2)
Les moments parfaits (saison 2)
Léo (saison 2)
L'homme qui aimait trop (saison 1)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
New Amsterdam
Portrait robot (saison 1)
Sans rendez-vous (saison 1)
Survivre a ces enfants (saison 1)
Doc (saison 1)
Le bon docteur
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Star académie


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Exercises for my sore hip
Exercises for my capsulite shoulder

On the menu this week
Since my husband is not working I have not menu-planned, we will go as we feel but will try to eat out of the freezer.


From the camera:

My latest painting - free tutorial by Jesse Robertson
Weekend outing









Looking around the house
Has been picked up but now I need to start slowly the deep-spring cleaning... holes first (closets, armoires, drawers, etc...)  

On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Vac'd basement
  • Dusted 2 basement bedrooms
  • Washed bedding in one of the basement bedrooms since sis was coming here
  • Dusted office
  • Paid bills
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Transfer some $$ to dd for her car repairs - DONE
  • Clean up the frame (had put tape on the wood frame of a painting for Christmas decor ... will never do that again, quite a job to get it off) - DONE
  • 2:00 osteo appointment
  • Do at least 1 thing on my spring-cleaning list.
  • Exercise 

  • ....


Decluttering
  • Another old liquor bottle
  • 6 empty bottles of pencil leads (combined it all in one)
  • Returned mom's 2 tupperware containers by my sister this weekend
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Start another puzzle, read, knit 


Funny of the week:









5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are easing up for you in Canada. We live in Arizona and life is basically normal and has been for some time. I see/hear on the news what things are like back East and in California and I'm so thankful I live here. It's so hard to go without seeing Grands, isn't it? Out of the 7 we have, 5 of them live here and we see them every week. Two live in Kansas and although we Skype with them every weekend, it's so hard to be away from the. Thank goodness for technology! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry everyone has been down with Covid, sure hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry covid has still been a bugger. But hopefully these days ahead it will get better & better. So tired of it around here too! I hope you got out for that walk and easing anxieties. Prayers for your folks too. I love that funny - very perfect attitude for birthdays. 😉 I love seeing your paintings. You do such a beautiful job! Blessings Lucie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everyone is healing up and you'll be able to get back to some small groups. I haven't been to a cinema in over 2 years! I'm just not ready to go back into unknown crowds. Sounds like you've already had a productive week - hope the rest of it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your son's family is starting to feel better after having COVID, it took my husband and kids awhile to get their energy back around here. Glad to hear the restrictions are once again lifting, I'm ready for normal to return as well. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete