Monday 15 November 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-11-15

Good morning

Took Friday off work so I could babysit the grandkids (daycare was closed).  It was Memorial day here on Thursday but switched to the Friday.  I don't have that day off but my husband does so we were both here with the kids.  My son picked them up after supper.  they were no trouble at all.  

Saturday they dropped off Xavier here (at my demand) after the kid birthday party they had during the day.  I had my helper for decorating for Christmas.  My husband worked all day so I had started on the Christmas decor.  He slept here but left early Sunday morning as daughter-in-law had an outing with her friend (and her children) in the park.  Sunday dh helped me put up the Christmas tree and lights - I finished the tree decorating and picked up boxes.  

Sunday night we went to neighbor's house to see how she was doing since her operation.  She is ok but she had her results and the big tumor they took out was a cancer, but a very rare one, only 3 or 4 in all Canada.  They are now analysing her tissues with doctors in Baltimore.  She will know within 10 days what kind of chemio (or not) she will have, but the good thing is they scraped everything out.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain and snow
4°
-1°
Tue.
Cloudy
3°
-4°
Wed.
Snow showers
2°
0°
Thu.
Rain
8°
2°
Fri.
Rain and snow
4°
-3°



Snow in the mountains this morning (so there is some at my son's house - 5 minutes from here but in the heights).  Here it is mostly rain.

On my mind
Upcoming Holidays and all that there is to do without even knowing how we will be able to celebrate with covid.
Starting to think about 2022 goals.

On the breakfast plate
Will eat later

On my reading pile
One of us is lying by Karen McManus

On my tv
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Chanteur masqué
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


Watched this while decorating


On the menu this week
Monday - pork chops and fried potatoes
Tuesday - Spaghetti (not done last week)
Wednesday - 
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 
Have not had time to think of this but will be from the freezer

From the camera:
My Christmas helpers




Looking around the house
It is all cozy with lights everywhere!

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Main bathroom
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Took off screen windows in kitchen (just patio door to do and that's dh's job)
  • Christmas decorating
  • Ordered stocking stuffers for grandkids from Amazon
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • 8:35 flu shot and a few errands while at pharmacy (also stopped by dollarstore)- DONE
  • 2 more loads of laundry
  • Work on crochet -Christmas ornaments
  • Work on Christmas cards
  • Wrap a few gifts
  • Desinfect all doorknobs and light switches.
  • Pick up Christmas boxes and put them away - DONE
  • Vac basement - DONE
  • Prep a card for my friend who's son died of covid and mail - DONE
  • Fill and drop off a BIG garbage bag of stuff at thrift store - DONE
  • Pay bills - DONE

Fall to-do (whenever)
  • Put away rest of screen windows   DONE
  • Halloween decor - DONE
  • Wash outside windows (front of house got done last week) - DONE
  • Update cold & flu medication  DONE
  • Put away solar lamps DONE
  • Change winter / summer clothes (DH did his last weekend) - DONE
  • Fill advent calendar
  • Prep Christmas card inserts
  • Prep Christmas cards with $$
  • Finish homeless bags
  • Work on Christmas ornament
  • Update Christmas gift list
Procrastination list (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone
  • Schedule eye exam and get new glasses

Decluttering
  • 1 Christmas light-up cushion cover
  • 2 big Christmas decor items (charolers and snowmen with tree, music and lightup)
  • 1 3 foot Christmas tree
  • 9 small Christmas ornaments
  • 1 candy glass bowl
  • 1 handmade (by me) Christmas figure - old!
  • 1 tin can
  • 2 clip-on cluster candle light ornaments
  • Ribbons
  • Christmas berry twig
  • 4 Christmas window clings
  • 1 small carpet
  • 10 aluminium pie plates
  • 1 comforter bag
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Crochet ornament
Watch movies and rest


Funny of the week 


4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas helpers are very cute! Our holiday planning here is also a bit up in the air, though our Covid restrictions are pretty much all lifted at this point (we'll see how this goes with no masks required any more). Glad I went and got that booster vaccine last week! Sorry to hear that it was cancer for your friend. Hope all works out for her and that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funny at the end of your post! Your Christmas helpers are so cute, I'm glad you get to see them so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable Christmas helper! Such a cute picture. I'll keep your neighbor in my prayers - I'll be 11 years cancer free in a few months from a rare tumor, so I'm a huge believer in the possible. LOVE your funny this week. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely Lucie!
    Sorry I'm so late this week. Aaron and his gf left today so I was busy in that realm helping them get ready all week. You have been a busy bee! And with the 2 cutest helpers around. 😍 It's got to feel good to have so much of that done. I worry about covid too - as the numbers have been creeping back up again. Ugh! This virus needs to go for good!
    Prayers for you friends 🙏
    Love your funny so much and I could post that too! Lol

    ReplyDelete