Monday 31 May 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-05-31

Good morning!

Finally got to see my parents.  We had not seen them since the week before last Christmas.  The pandemia has not helped.  Mom's beginning of alzheimer makes her quick to anger and dad is tired.  She always had 'stuff' in the house but know she doesn't throw away anything.  We got our truck filled while she was busy elsewhere.  I will declutter that today.  

The problem is they sold their 5th-wheel and all that was in there came back in the house.  I will keep her set of dishes and get rid of one I have. Dad also put the 2 small flat tv's that where in the 5th wheel in our truck but we don't have the cables, so will have to look if we can find something that fits (of course last week I got rid of a box of cables we had had for years and years).  Told dh to get rid of the tv in dd's old room... but it's not out of the house YET.  

We also got a small stand up piano, which I am sure ddil won't want at her house, so we will keep it for a little while before selling it (it is very cute) and a few odds and ends.  I will make a drop off at the thrift store this morning.

We spent alot of time outside and both got a sunburn on our faces even though it was not that hot.

I also received early bday presents in case we don't see each other since them (june 26).  I got a JAWS jigsaw puzzle and a scented candle from my sis and parents.

Today restaurant dining rooms are opening back up (limited capacity) and we have no more curfew since last Friday.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Showers
13°
7°
Tue.
Scattered thunderstorms
22°
11°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
25°
13°
Thu.
Showers
20°
16°
Fri.
Showers
26°
16°


On my mind
My parents.  My sister is the one taking care of them the most because she lives near them.  She has supper with them twice a week and does the paperwork once a week for dad's business.  This week we will have to do a Ftime with the brothers so they can help out too... at least with getting stuff out of the house (dad is upset with it all) and so mom doesn't see so she doesn't get angry.  Also mom is not as good in a kitchen as she used to be and she doesn't want dad to take over.

On the breakfast plate
I will eat later as I have bloodwork at 7:45 this morning.

On my reading pile
Les réformateurs de Alixe 

On my tv

La belle vie avec Go-Van
Lincoln (à la poursuite du Bone collector)
New Amsterdam
Absentia
Clash
Mr. Mercedes (season 2)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week



I liked the ideas but the woman presenting was not my style.

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - 

Since we were gone all weekend I did not think of it.


From the camera:


Picture from the web, it would be a day for this (lots of rain and cold today)... If I did not have so much to do!



Looking around the house
Uggg!  Not a thing got done this weekend and I have all the stuff we picked up at mom's to declutter.  The basement is filling up again :(

On my to-do list 

Monday or during the week (as time permits)
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - 
  • Vac main floor
  • Mop floors (did not get done last week)
  • Laundry
  • Declutter stuff we brought over from my parent's house
  • 7:45 bloodwork
  • Drop off at the thrift store
  • 1:00 pm dentist appointment
  • Dollarstore errands
  • Go to ATM
  • Get groceries (+ a cake for dh's bday tonight), ds & family will come over
  • Empty dishwasher  - DONE
  • More decluttering (last week did my daughter's old closet and got rid of a few puzzles, 4 games, 1 pair of her shoes, 1 pair of her slippers, 1 old lab coat, her candle-making stuff, a big decorative flower, an over-the-door princess hanger, a tissue-box cover I had made with plastic canvas, ...)

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read outside if I can.  Watch some tv.  take a walk.  Try to reach out with Teams or facetime with a few friends.

Quote of the week 

Pandemia - stay-at-home days








4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your mom. That sure sounds like a difficult situation for all. Good luck getting everything taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO at your quote - so true, but oh so funny too! We're going through the same thing with my mom and step dad. Literally spent all weekend trying to sort out attics, sheds and closets to get ready for the city wide garage sale in 2 weeks. SO much work, but oh so necessary to simplify their lives (and mine too!). I hope your week goes well and you get everything you wanted to done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the curfews are lifting and that you got to see your parents. So hard to watch our parents age, nice you have siblings to help share with loving and taking care of them. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie!
    So sorry to hear about your Mom. My MIL had alzheimers and I was a caregiver for many years. It's such a difficult condition to deal with. Blessings as you continue to go through their stuff and organize. So happy to hear restrictions are getting better! Yay! And happy bday to your hubby! Love your inspiration 😆 Lol

    ReplyDelete