Monday 24 May 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-05-24

Good morning!

It's a holiday day here so will not be MY alone day of the week ;)

Last Thursday I got an appointment to get my shoe orthesis redone, so I went to 2 stores while in town (one you could try on things but the other you couldn't yet).  I got myself 2 t-shirts and a pair of sandals.  Got my husband a shirt and a t-shirt for his upcoming birthday.  Bought Xavier a backpack pool towel and a small ensemble for Anne-Elizabeth.  I also bought Xavier a small puffed jacket but will keep it in the gift closet for now as I bought it a little bigger.

We had Xavier Saturday and Sunday.  My daugther came home on Sunday to see her goddaughter for the first time.  Since the kids were all here Sunday night we had a special bbq supper for dh's birthday next week (my daughter won't be here).    In the afternoon my husband and son picked up a kid's house from Marketplace to put outside at my son's house.

Today it's just me and my husband and home and we have alot to pick up!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius).
Mon.
Sunny
19°
9°
Tue.
Rain
23°
20°
Wed.
Thunderstorm
28°
8°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
16°
3°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
16°
4°





Last week we had 3 days of 30C... phew too hot for me!  Much better week coming up to my liking.

On my mind
Got to talk to my boss on TEAMS last week... told her I was told (not by her) I would have a promotion in March when I joined her group... seems it was not that clear... she says she will look into it.  
BUT I also asked about return to workplace and seems she is not keen on having everyone come back in the office if they don't need too and since I live far from work... I might not have to go in all the time !! in fact she let it known maybe rarely... wow! that is worth alot, much more than a small promotion.

On the breakfast plate
My husband made pancakes this morning so had 2 of those with a glass of milk

On my reading pile
Les réformateurs de Alixe 

On my tv

La belle vie avec Go-Van
Lincoln (à la poursuite du Bone collector)
New Amsterdam
Absentia
Clash
Mr. Mercedes (season 2)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Some of these I had thought of , but other I hadn't, so wrote down a list of new things to get ride of!


On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - 

No idea!


From the camera:

Xavier having fun with grandpa



Looking around the house
Lots to do but if it doesn't get done right away, well so be it.

On my to-do list 

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Dusted all main floor
  • Got daughter-in-law to go through another box of girl's clothes , she picked a few pieces and a few will be going to the thrift store.  I do want to keep a few for when Anne-Eli comes to spend time here.  
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - 
  • Weed out front of house - DONE
  • Vac main floor
  • Mop floors (might get done later in the week... or not)
  • More laundry
  • Bake muffins?
  • Clean out my daughter's old closet (during the week) and get more stuff out
  • My husband is working in the garage and under the patio today... finally he is working at OUR house.  
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit, read outside in the sun, check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends - same old

Quote of the week 








6 comments:

  1. I need to put a C to F degrees chart somewhere so I can figure out your temps! Sadly, I have never learned Celsius. I enjoy reading about your family and think it's so great that you get to see your grands so often. They are such a blessing! Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video of Xavier is so cute! Sounds like you have a busy week. Love the quote at the end. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your exercise quote : I agree. Working from home is diffently a good perk may hubby does it every Friday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Friend!
    That is wonderful news to hear - about being able to continue to primarily work from home. 😊 But hope the promotion works out too. Such a cute video of Xavier. He's growing up so fast! And love your quote. Lol That's my excuse too. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday to your dh! Sounds like you had a wonderful family weekend. And how nice that you might get to continue working from home. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA great minion funny! So happy for you to be able to work from home so much! Maybe you'll have more chance of a ME day! Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete