Monday 26 April 2021

Happy homemaker 2021-04-26

Good morning!

As usual busy week last week, telework, dd came home for supper on Friday and left Saturday afternoon ... her summer tires are on her car and an oil change was done.

Had gotten a few more boxes out of the attic and had found another full box of dd's school books so she went through it and it ALL went to recycling.  

A duck game and a box of small cars were sent to my son's place as well as a few pieces of baby-girl clothes, the rest will be donated.  A car roadway playmat was also sent to my son's.  

I took the children's books out of the attic and placed them in an armoire downstairs, they will be used soon.  

One day was 'paper declutter' so I went around each room and threw out or filed papers... still have those in my bedroom to do, hoping the will get done this week.

Xavier arrived Friday afternoon and went home Sunday after lunch.  Sunday afternoon my husband powerwashed patio, so I washed patio door and kitchen window (who overlook the patio), powerwashed the patio chairs and the outside of the gazebo.  I did a little more of the washing of the patio rails (can't do it all in one day or I will be hurting for a week!).  I also managed to vaccum all main floor on Sunday afternoon.

BIG NEWS - Baby girl (Anne-Élizabeth) should be coming out of the hospital today.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .



The weather (in celsius).
Mon.
Rain and snow
8°
1°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
17°
4°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
19°
7°
Thu.
Showers
14°
8°
Fri.
Rain
12°
6°

 

On my mind
Can't wait to see Anne-Élizabeth today!  
Lots of housechores and cooking to do 

On the breakfast plate
1 bagel with cheese and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Will have to start a new book this week as I have finished the last one.

On my tv

L'échappée
Star Académie
Lots of recorded shows and Christmas movies


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


Flaylady systeme for a full-time working mom,... oh boy am I glad the kids are now grown!


On the menu this week
Lundi - Sheppard's pie
Mardi-  Either spaghetti with homemade sauce or sloppy joe (depends on which one of the 2 I will decide to make today)
Mercredi - TBD
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - TBD


From the camera:




Looking around the house
Lots to do, but qué sera sera!

On my to-do list 

Over the weekend
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Worked on some spring choes
  • Baked muffins
  • Groceries
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - DONE
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Pay income taxes - DONE... so glad that is all finished!
  • Put away children's books - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Sheppard's pie
  • Sloppy joes or spaghetti sauce (will depend on the size of the meat package
  • ... whatever gets accomplished as Xavier will be dropped off here at the end of the morning so they can go pick up baby at the hospital.  They will stop by here on the way back.
  • OOOPS, CHANGE OF PLANS .. just got a call I will be going to their house around noon to take care of Xavier there, so will do what I can until then.
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit, read outside in the sun, check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends - same old

Quote of the week 


15 comments:

  1. What beautiful grandkids! So excited that the baby is coming home today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we got to see and hold her and she is so precious

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear that the baby is coming home! So precious! I watched that FlyLady video on the SAHM vs. the working mom. I'm in between - I work from home full time. Have a wonderful week and enjoy those grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I'm a working too so can't do the flylady like they do but it does give us ideas

      Delete
  3. Your grandkids are beautiful! Paper clutter is one thing that drives me crazy. I feel that the more technology we have the less paper we should have. Seems to be the opposite! I have not had Sheppard's Pie in SO long. I may just have to put it on my menu soon! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. Had left over sheppard's pie and my son was quite glad to get it. Paper clutter drives me CRAZY too..soooo much!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the photos of your grandchildren - they are so sweet <3 Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Kansas! Enjoyed my visit.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lady you are on a mission and getting things done! Rock on! 😎 Very cool video. Love seeing your grandkids - they are so precious! Love your inspiration because it's so true! Lol Have a blessed rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to get things done so I can enjoy the time with the grandkids, but when you've lived in the same house for over 30 years and had kids, the house is just sooo full!

      Delete
  7. So glad baby girl is home and what a PERFECT quote for the time. It sounds like you have made a lot of progress with cleaning out the attic. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my... I did make a little progress in the attic, but there is just soooo much more up there! My husband is the one slowing me down because I would get rid of alot more, more quickly!

      Delete
  8. Hopefully your granddaughter is all settled at home now. Need to watch that video if I have a minute. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , yes my granddaughter is now at home and doing well. they are adapting very well.

      Delete