Monday 19 April 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-04-17

Good morning!

What a busy week last week!!  I picked up Xavier Wednesday afternoon as ddil was having contractions, they sent her back around midnight.  Thursday back to the hospital for an echography and lots of contractions.  Came back around 5:30 - I had Xavier here and tried to telework during his naps, not easy!  Friday they picked him up from here at 8:00 am and he spent the day with them.  He was back here for supper and has been here since.

DDIL was provoked Saturday morning and Anne-Elizabeth was born April 17 at 5:04 pm.  18,5 inches and 6 lbs 14 oz.  Her 1st picture.



This morning my ibs & ibd is acting up , so played quietly with Xavier and it was a tv watching morning.  His mom will be released from hospital today but little sister will stay for a few more days.  My son will pick up Xavier and the dog later in the day.

On on another note, our full confinement was extended for another week. :(  I did get my vaccine last Saturday (1st dose)

It was my daughter's 30th bday yesterday but we didn't get to see her, probably next weekend.

It is her 1st day as a 'super'nurse today.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .



The weather (in celsius).
Mon.
Partly cloudy
17°
4°
Tue.
Rain
11°
1°
Wed.
Rain and snow
4°
1°
Thu.
Rain and snow
4°
1°
Fri.
Cloudy
10°
3°



Today is the best day of the week  

On my mind
Hoping baby comes out soon and we get to see her.

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts with peanut butter and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Prémonition by Carole Aucoin

On my tv

L'échappée
District 31
Star Académie
Lots of recorded shows and Christmas movies


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Have not had time for anything this week


On the menu this week
Lundi - Costco's chicke low mein
Mardi-  Chicken and brocoli pie (store-bought)
Mercredi - TBD
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - TBD


From the camera:

My daughter's 1st day as 'super' nurse - she got her master's degree in nursing


Looking around the house
Yuck!!! needs lots of cleaning and washing, a tornado has gone through it with the baby and the dog.

On my to-do list 

Over the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom 

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - DONE
  • Whatever... will depend when baby & dog leave... vaccum, mop floors, etc...
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit, read outside in the sun, check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends - same old

Quote of the week 
















7 comments:

  1. Lots of congratulations! Congratulations on your new granddaughter, love the name. And congratulations to your daughter for her master's degree in nursing. She should get to wear a superhero shirt to let everyone know she's a super nurse. Love your quote this week, very relatable. Hope you feel better and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! Wow a new baby. I had a new nephew born last week too. Looks like you will be having a busy week so enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! So glad everything went well. Hope you get to hold her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new granddaughter and to you daugther as well on her first day! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all on beautiful Anne-Elizabeth!! I'm partial to the name as I have an Anne Julia (my Annie). I'm so glad everything turned out well. I hope you feel better...it's a lot watching over littles. Your Mom quote is true perfection! Lol And your daughter is gorgeous and an angel to a calling to such an important job. You've got to be one proud Mom over your beautiful family. 😍 Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, please forgive my tardiness! It has been one of those weeks!! CONGRATULATIONS on the beautiful granddaughter! Your MOM quote is so perfect! Seems like we never get to turn off our minds. See you again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete