Monday 22 March 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-03-22

Good morning!

Ordered a sit / stand-up desk from costco's .. waiting for the delivery.  Our govt is giving us 400$ for télétravail.  we can buy a monitor, a desk or a chair.

Last Monday I ran some errands, went to costco's and Winners.  I did have to return a few things at costco's though.  Maybe I should go to town more often, I did buy alot! 

DH picked up Xavier at 9:00 on Saturday morning and he left after supper Sunday.  We took him to costco's with us on Sunday (did my returns).  We bought him a toilet-potty, an Easter chocolate and I had bought him a cardboard book last Monday (for Easter).  DDIL picked up a fish game that we will also give him for Easter.  We lost his pacifier so will need to buy new ones... darn they are expensive!  the one he has is $12!!!   

DH will pick up an umbrella stroller that we saw on Marketplace for ddil tonight.  Tomorrow he'll go buy the pacifiers (ddil wants 3 for her and 1 for us - they are sold in packs of 2), and a spring bonnet.  

It was the 1st time Xavier had boots on this weekend - Sunday was nice (lots of wind but still nice).  They do not wear booties to learn to walk anymore so he cried when we put them on his feet but when he noticed he could still walk he was very happy.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .



The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Sunny
12°
-1°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
12°
2°
Wed.
Cloudy
11°
4°
Thu.
Showers
14°
7°
Fri.
Rain
8°
-1°




A lovely warm week.  

On my mind
Need to figure out how I'll put the new desk in the office with the old - big desk already there... and I need it now with all the equipment I have.  will post a pic of how I am installed now.  Have heard RUMORS that we wouldn't be going back to the office before 2020 and that afterwards it will be 2 days on site and 3 days telework... I would be a happy camper if that turns out to be true.
DH has his appointment for the vaccine on May 12.

On the breakfast plate
 2 chocolate chip eggo waffles with a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
L'instant présent by Guillaume Musso

On my tv
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang
Regular programs are ending this week.

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Watched a few youtube vlogs on backyard makeovers but nothing quite right for me.


On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - 
Have not had time to think about this... 

From the camera:


My home office set up



Looking around the house
It looks fine ... I do have things to pick up but it's ok.

On my to-do list 

Monday
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Air out office curtains and bedroom curtains - they are now on clothesline will take them back in and put them back up before noon
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Menu-plan - 
  • 1:00 Osteo appointment
  • Go to bank
  • Paint this morning
  • Do a few drawing exercises from the Sketchbook Revival group

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit, read outside in the sun, check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends.

Quote of the week 








9 comments:

  1. I like your office set up, hope you can figure something out with the new desk. Hooray for a new desk! Need to get one for my oldest but so many choices, very overwhelming. Got a chuckle out of your grandson not liking his boots at first. Glad he could still walk with them on his feet! :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It will be nice to have a new desk and maybe standing up from time to time will be good for this old lady :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you got the computer table... working from home must be kind of I kont know, grisly. I dont think I could stay focused at home. I have to back up a week to see him, but Xavier is such a cutie! blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I didn't actually like it to be so much at home but ah... no TRAFFIC... and no wakeup for me... I wake up when I wake up and start work whenever, it is so much less stressful. I do miss the people though.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful office set up. Grilled cheese sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I now the struggles of fitting in desks for work.... with our youngest back home now, I had to move my office into my craft room.... everything is crammed in there... hopefully for only a few more months then I will have my office space back. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucie!
    It will be fun to see the new set up for your office. I've always thought those stand up desks seem neat. It's got to be so fun to have a Little to spoil for Easter. 😉 Love your inspiration - made me laugh! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting one of those desks too. You may have inspired me to get one. And oh my gosh, when did pacifiers get so dang expensive? You're a good grams. Have a GREAT week and enjoy working from home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, loved your quote! When is the new baby due? It will be such fun to see Xavier's reaction to being a big brother.

    ReplyDelete