Monday 15 March 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-03-15

Bon matin!

Picked up my new tele-work equipment last Thursday... took me the afternoon to get all installed... my work environment preferences were all gone.  Had been using my personal computer for the last year as there were not enough at my work place.  Now I have to big 24inch monitors, 1 laptop, 1 mouse, 1 keyboard and a pc dock.  The desk is full!

My daughter arrived saturday at noon (she told us only in the morning that she was coming) and Xavier got here around 3:00 to spend the rest of the weekend with us.  My son and girlfriend went to the restaurant Saturday night with a reservation (restaurants are just opening back up after a long, long time).


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .



The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly sunny
-8°
-17°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
-1°
-9°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
5°
-4°
Thu.
Snow showers
7°
-11°
Fri.
Sunny
-1°
-10°



Today will be a cold one!! but then it'll be balmier

On my mind
Today is my youngest brother's Birthday - he will be 41.  I am also his godmother.  Wishing we could see each other.
Errands to be run, appointments to be made, Easter coming up... will be another not normal Holiday :(
St-Pat's this week!

On the breakfast plate
 2 cinnamon-raisin bread toasts with a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
La neuvième maison by Leigh Bardugo

On my tv
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week



On the menu this week
Lundi - TBD (to be determined
Mardi-  Ham casserole - not done last week
Mercredi - TBD
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - TBD
Have not had time to think about this... will probably run errands today and if I go to Costco's will see what I come back with

From the camera:



Xavier and his dog


1st seascape I tried.. not to my liking but I loved using the pallet knife for the waves.

Looking around the house
Thinking it needs some sprucing up but it's ok for now.

On my to-do list 

Over the weekend
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash bathroom
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - 
  • Laundry
  • Prep a ham casserole for Tuesday
  • Install a new set of mini fairy lights (with remote!) above a section of kitchen cabinet - NOT DONE LAST WEEK
  • ... try to craft...
  • Errands, and since the stores don't open before 10:00 (!!) well that'll take part of my day to go to town

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Work on a new pair of socks.
Have some hot tea while sitting outside in the sun if we are lucky to have some nice warmer weather by the end of the week.
Check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends.

Quote of the week 






7 comments:

  1. I LOVE those pictures of Xavier and his dog! And your seascape looks wonderful - good job on those waves! PERFECT quote too! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot tea sounds good for this week. Looks like Xavier really loves his dog and that the feeling is returned. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is so well behaved! Xavier is lucky to have him as a pal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinnamon raisin toast...yum!!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweet Friend!
    Love the utility cart ideas. And I think your waves turned out awesome! Great job on that. And Xavier & doggie - does it get any cuter? 😍 Have a blessed rest of your week and stay cozy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new sit/stand desk! Last week the company I work for (John Hancock) announced that we are all going to STAY HOME FOR GOOD! They are not re-opening the office! It was fine with me as I was a remote worker anyway!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For good!! wow I'd love that would make it so much more easy to get to retirement... no traffic, less stress, ...

      Delete