Monday 1 February 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-02-01

 Good morning!  Welcome February


We had our grandson on Friday night and he left Saturday after supper with his parents.  He bumped his head on my nose and it is just starting to feel better. ouch!  This gave me a headache all weekend and it rang right to my ears.  

Sunday my husband worked so I was alone and did quite a few housechores.  Last week I had an ambitious to-do list, which got done, but I was so tired on Saturday.  I also have an ambitious list this week but I am giving myself permission NOT to do it all.

I finished the deep-cleaning in my bedroom, the office-guest-room, hallway and the bathroom. Muffins were baked and menu-planning was done.  Laundry also got done and vaccumed main floor. AND I teleworked too.  Of course morning routine got pushed to the side a few days so that I could start early with all this cleaning.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Partly cloudy
-4°
-12°
Tue.
Scattered snow showers
-3°
-3°
Wed.
Snow showers
0°
-6°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
-1°
-8°
Fri.
Snow
0°
-2°

A milder week, so I will try to go take some outside walks.

On my mind
Lots of paperwork and housechores to do.
DDIL has an interview for a new job this week.
Missing my family.

On the breakfast plate
 2 eggo waffles and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
L'illusion by Maxim Chattam

On my tv
Bull
The office (season 3)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
Lundi -  Soup in the crockpot with some meat pies
Mardi-  Sloppy joes
Mercredi - Pizzas on tortillas or on English muffins
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera:

Painting I did last week.. the bird isn't quite right but it's still colorful




Looking around the house
It looks ok but I want to continue with the deep spring cleaning.

On my to-do list 

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Paperwork
  • Make some appointments
  • Start deep-cleaning the LR (ceiling, woodwork, walls)
  • Decorate a little for Valentine's day
  • If possible do another painting
Tuesday
  • Morning routine - 
  • Continue deep-cleaning LR (blinds, windows, air out curtain)
  • Read HHM posts that I have not read on Monday
  • Telework
Wednesday
  • Morning routine -  
  • Ceilings Kitchen and kitchenette
  • Telework
Thursday
  • Morning routine 
  • Woodwork and blinds in the kitchen
  • Telework
Friday
  • Morning routine 
  • Wash windows / air out curtains (that might be on Wednesday as it is supposed to be a nice day out) / wash blinds in my bedroom office and bathroom)
  • Telework
In my crafting basket
I still have knitted socks that are started
Want to start a crochet blanket for upcoming baby, but need to check out my wool stash before.


Quote of the week 








11 comments:

  1. Hahaha, loved the quote. I agree completely... do you know how far down I have to go to find 1956?? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is beautiful! I would love to learn how to make some socks but I crochet and don't knit... I have seen some crochet patterns for socks though. I wonder if they would turn out well? Have a great week and thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried crochet socks... I find that the cuff is not stretchy enough and once they are stretched they stay stretched. I prefer knit socks... I don't knit either but have learned from an elderly lady to make socks. She was happy to teach someone and loved to sit outside in the shade in the afternoon to show me.

      Delete
  3. Love the painting! The bird is too cute!!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting! I've been scrolling down to my DOB for a long time. Hope you have a happy & productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your painting! I think the bird looks great (we are always our own worst critics). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had sloppy joes in a long time. That sounds good and hearty. I have yet to teach myself to knit socks. One of these days. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweetie!
    OUch is right! i remember those days and how badly it hurts. Lol I hope it's feeling totally better now. I'm also on a mission of cleaning, purging, organizing. It's a slow start - but I'm chugging away. Love your inspiration and sad to say it's SO TRUE! 😝

    ReplyDelete