Monday 25 January 2021

Happy Homemaker 2020-01-25

 Good morning!  Happy January Rudy day!!

Last week should've been a 2020 one.  Not a good week.

My cousin died suddenly in his sleep (he was 62), an athlete - autopsy will be done but probably his heart as they have heart problems on his father's side.  Here's a newspaper article about him.

L’Abitibi perd un inspirant coureur de haut niveau (lecitoyenvaldoramos.com)

There was also a work reorganisation in our small unit.  I will be one of the ones who will be sent in another area and my job will change.  I was not happy to be moved once again (7 of us will be sent in different areas).  However they did say this would lead to a promotion 'eventually'. Ah well, we'll see, qué sera sera.  At least the one who will be my boss seems nice and so is the one who will show me the job.  As long as we are in télétravail won't matter so much.  Just another stressful thing in this pandemic times.  Wish I was closer to my retirement, might've made a difference.. .would've been a good time to stop.

Had an osteo appointment on Friday, my leg has some electrical currents going through it, seems I have some nerves that are pinched.  Have some exercises to do.

We were to have Xavier on Friday night but he was running a fever.  My husband picked him up Saturday before lunch (he just had a slight fever) and he left Sunday after supper.  On Sunday he was not 100% ok but much better.  This morning his mom texted and she says he woke up fever-free and all perky.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Partly cloudy
-7°
-16°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
-7°
-10°
Wed.
Cloudy
-1°
-6°
Thu.
Snow showers
-2°
-13°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
-9°
-17°

On my mind
New fonctions at work, pinched nerve, .... wanting to see family. Figuring out how I'll do my deep spring-cleaning when my weekends are busy - will try to do alot during the week.

On the breakfast plate
 2 oat bread toasts with cheese spread and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Un viol ordinaire by Jeannette Bertrand

On my tv
Bull
Esprits criminels (Season 12)
The office (season 3)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (dvr'd it, haven't watched it yet - Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


I have watched quite a few wardrobe declutter, but this one struck a chord.

On the menu this week
Lundi -  Roast with potatoes and veggies
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Haven't thought about it yet.

From the camera:

Xavier playing hide and seek :)
Tried acrylyic paint on watercolor paper, worked so-so, could not work on it more as paint doesn't blend well.  It was good practice though.  would've liked to work more on the barn.


Looking around the house
LOTS - in fact so MUCH to do that I've written down a list per day (AND I will be teleworking tuesday to friday)

On my to-do list 

Monday
  • Morning routine -   DONE
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor
  • vaccum basement
  • Menu-plan
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry (2 loads)
  • Go through 1 file folder - shred unnecessary papers
  • Print out some documents for my husband
  • If possible do another painting
Tuesday
  • Morning routine - 
  • Deep-clean armoire in office
  • Send some papers to financial advisor
  • Print out some papers for financial advisor
  • Start reorganizing / decluttering my crafting drawers 
  • Deal with some paperwork on my desk
  • Read HHM posts that I have not read on Monday
  • Telework
Wednesday
  • Morning routine -  
  • Deep-clean dh's bureau and his side-table
  • Continue cleaning my crafting drawers
  • Telework
Thursday
  • Morning routine 
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Wash ceilings (bedroom, hallway, office)
  • Wash woodwork (bedroom hallway, office)
  • Telework
Friday
  • Morning routine 
  • Wash windows / air out curtains (that might be on Wednesday as it is supposed to be a nice day out) / wash blinds in my bedroom office and bathroom)
  • Telework
In my crafting basket
I still have knitted socks that are started


Quote of the week 








5 comments:

  1. Love the quote, so true! Glad Xavier is feeling better. Hope your new job is a good fit for you. So sorry about the loss of your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I've put my phone in the fridge. Hope the new job goes well. Prayers for you cousin and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. Hope the new job works out for you. Lots of companies seem to be restructuring lately. Fun quote, I'm put the keys in the fridge most days, I think. Hope this week goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie! I hope that your leg feels better soon. And that the new part of your job goes well. Love the declutter video! thanks for sharing it. Xavier is so darn cute, the hide and seek made me giggle. The inspiration did too 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so, so sorry to hear about your cousin, sudden deaths are always so hard to deal with. Cute quote! Congratulations on the future promotion. Sounds like a busy week, hope it's going well and you're accomplishing as much as you like.

    ReplyDelete