Monday 8 February 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-02-08

 Good morning!  

Last week was another busy week of deep-cleaning the house.  I do the main floor in the Spring (this year it's in January / February) and the basement in the Fall.

I did the LR, the kitchen and the kitchenette (except cabinets which get done in Fall so the dishes are all clean for the Holidays).  I do have a few things left to do (air out curtains ... too cold and windy these days, LR furniture to wash, behind fridge, underneath the big microwave (need help to take it out of it's hole), ... and a few odds and end.

This week I'll try to do the stairwell.  Then I can back to more decluttering... the less I have the less I have to clean up!

My husband made 3 chicken pot pies and one strawberry pie on Saturday.  My grandson was here from Saturday afternoon to Sunday after supper.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly sunny
-8°
-17°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
-7°
-13°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
-6°
-19°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
-9°
-19°
Fri.
Cloudy
-12°
-19°


Colder this week than last week.

On my mind
Sunday was to be my niece's 19th bday - she died 12 years ago.  So so sad.

On the breakfast plate
 1 oat bread toast with peanut butter and a glass of water

On my reading pile
L'illusion by Maxim Chattam - finished it on Saturday... not my favorite one of his.
La dernière fois qu'on l'a vu c'est au Perrette by Claude Champagne

On my tv
Bull
The office (season 3)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week






On the menu this week
Lundi -  
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Have to think about it

From the camera:

Painting I did last week

I want to buy a portfolio to put these in (they are on watercolor paper not canvas)


Looking around the house
Looking much better now that spring cleaning is getting done.

On my to-do list 

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Mop main floor - DONE
  • 10:30 massage therapist appointment
  • 1:30 esthetician appointment
  • Drop off stuff at thrift store now that they reopen today
  • Go to the dollarstore for a few odds and ends
  • Cook some rice
  • Menu-plan
Tuesday
  • Morning routine - 
  • Wash my bedding and remake bed
  • Read HHM posts that I have not read on Monday
  • Try to get an appointment for a haircut, they open up tomorrow and my hairdresser moved, might take awhile for an appointment
  • Telework
Wednesday
  • Morning routine -  
  • Wash couches and LR furniture
  • Telework
Thursday
  • Morning routine 
  • Staircase walls, woodwork and stairs to wash
  • Telework
Friday
  • Morning routine 
  • Telework
In my crafting basket
I still have knitted socks that are started
Want to start a crochet blanket for upcoming baby, but need to check out my wool stash before.


Quote of the week 










3 comments:

  1. Your giraffes are so cute! I love your quote about the cold. It's so true.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your niece, Sunday must have been a difficult day for your family. Do ever frame your artwork? I think you should! Your quote of the week definitely applies to my area today. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr... stay warm! I'm spring cleaning starting this week. Hope to declutter alot as I move from room to room.

    ReplyDelete