Monday 28 December 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-12-28

Good morning!

Christmas was very different this year.  

Govt regulations said just those who live at the address and we could have my daughter come as she is single.  However we have been seing my son, daughter-in-law and grandson so we saw them too. My son invited us for Christmas Eve supper - he made turkey with all the trimmings, very good.  Santa (my husband) delivered gifts for my grandson, he is not as scared of Santa as he was the 1st time he saw him at daycare.

We had a Facetime meeting with family members but was hard to hear each other.

Christmas day was a slow relaxing day... with LOTS and LOTS of rain.  My daughter left just before supper so it was just the 2 of us .  We had a tourtière ordered for 15 people (will freeze the rest), so will give some to my son and we delivered portions to my husband's sisters.

My grandson spent alot of time here with us during our vacation. 

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Sat.
Cloudy
1°
-9°
Sun.
Sunny
-4°
-7°
Mon.
Rain and snow
3°
-9°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
-7°
-13°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
-5°
-7°
Thu.
Snow showers
1°
-1°
Fri.
Rain and snow
5°
-4°



On my mind
Planning what I'd like to get done this week before back to work next week.

On the breakfast plate
2 oat bread toasts with some green tee

On my reading pile
The memory man by David Baldacci

On my tv
Le résident (season 2)
Christmas movies


On the menu this week
Lundi -  
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Since we are on vacation, it'll be as we feel but I do have lots of options written down.


From the web:

Playing in the snow with grandpa

With Santa

Our most precious gift



Looking around the house
OMG! lost control or so it seems.  Decided to start taking down some Christmas last night and today (except for the tree as we forgot to take family pics)

On my to-do list this week
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Laundry - DONE
  • Wash my bed - DONE
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vacc basement
  • Put away Christmas decorations
  • Put more lights in the basement as I have decided we will do NY's there with my kids
  • Prep a small buffet for NY's day
  • Make some spaghetti sauce
  • Pay bills
  • Pick up and clean as I go 
  • Tuesday - work day - télétravail
In my crafting basket
Knitted socks

Quote of the week 
















5 comments:

  1. Oh I love that winter bucket list! It's different this year since a lot of the things you would normally do you can't do for the time being! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with some of your family! I think I'm going to let the Christmas decorations up until this weekend and then take them down before work and school start back up. Wishing you the best in 2021!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas was different around here as well, hoping next year we can get back to our regular traditions. I barely took pictures on Christmas and none of family, need to get better about that. Hope you have a great last few days of 2020 and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr those are cold temperatures, stay warm.

    Love the Winter bucket list, how fun. Have a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet boy your grandson is! I always enjoy your Monday posts... looking forward to reading them in 2021. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete