Monday 14 December 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-12-14

Happy Monday

Last weekend we decided to go see my parents.  It is against the recommendations of the govt but we have not seen them since August and with mom's beginning of Alzheimer I NEEDED to see them.  I also got to see my brothers, my sister, brother-in-law and 3 nieces and nephew.  Did not see the sister-in-laws though, and only briefly the children.  I gave out all their birthday and Christmas gifts... which they did open.  Anyhow they have alot at the same time so this way they get to extend the fun.  Slept at my parent's house and left after lunch.  we will not be seeing them until the govt says it's ok once again.

Was sad on my way back thinking of my parents, it is not a good period.  They have always been joined at the hip, so to speak, never one word higher than the other, mom always sitting on dad, always together.  Now mom feels like everyone is judging what she does and telling her what to do so she gets angry (she was never one to be temperamental) and dad is not as patient as he has always been.  very very sad to see it work out this way.

Went to my son's hous for supper on Sunday night and to see our grandson - wanted to wait a few days to be sure but ...

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly cloudy
-4°
-11°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
-8°
-24°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
-15°
-19°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
-9°
-17°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
-8°
-16°
Gonna start getting cold starting Tuesday.

On my mind
Hoping our seeing each other last weekend did not make anyone sick - no one was sick at the time.
My mom, her anger, her loss of memory

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts with head cheese and a glass of Oat milk

On my reading pile
The Last mile by David Baldacci

On my tv
Le résident (season 2)
5e rang (season 3)
L'échappée
District 31
Christmas movies


On the menu this week
Lundi -  
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Have not planned anything yet.


From the camera

Painting I finished last Friday

Latest crochet scarf - it is now in mom's Christmas stocking



Xavier's birthday at the daycare center


Trying a video, not sure it'll work



Christmas ic coming!






Looking around the house
Since we were gone this weekend I have lots to do today.  But it's nice to have a warm cozy house with the cold weather coming our way for the rest of the week.

On my to-do list  

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan -
  • Vac main floor
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Bake muffins
  • Cook some hard-boiled eggs
  • Cook some veggies
  • Make some rice
  • Make some overnight oats for my breakfasts
  • Wrap a gift for the baby from mom
  • Finish updating my gift list for 2020 (with costs)
  • Read a letter dated August 18th, 1960... the last letter my grandmother (she died at the age of 36 so I never knew her) wrote to  my granpa.  Found a copy of this while looking at photo albums at my mom's house.

In my crafting basket
Knitted socks - got the new wool I ordered awhile back so I can get busy for 2021!


Quote of the week 










5 comments:

  1. It was the same way with my in-laws when my MIL was first diagnosed. In their case it became better after they developed a specific daily routine (routine being the operative word) that made things for MIL to "remember" and then they were once again "joined at the hip" and happy for the last 10 years of their lives. I hope it works that way for your parents/

    I LOVE your painting - so cute. And speaking of cute, I love your grandson, he's so cute and precious in that photo. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to go and see your parents, I'm sorry it's so tough right now. Definitely not easy to watch our parents age. Your painting is fantastic, you're very talented. Video worked for me, very cute. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you to visit. Enjoy your week. Come by and see my post and link your the Fabulous party is on my Saturday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to spend time with your family. I know how hard it is to see you mom this way. My mom has been struggling with mental decline for several years and is definitely in a worsening stage. Love your photos of super cute grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Gal. Sorry I'm so late. I've been pretty miserable with some kind of flu or covid. Waiting on test results. I loved your drawing and that scarf is beautiful! Your inspiration is always so funnily perfect. Stay safe and well. xo

    ReplyDelete