Monday 7 December 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-12-07

Good morning everyone!

I am finished with the Holiday preparations for this year.  Since we are not hosting, no food to cook.  Gifts are wrapped and cards mailed.  I was finished with gifts and then the govt cancelled our Christmas (NY's was already cancelled), so what the heck decided to order everyone another gift.  Only 1 has not arrived yet.  They are being wrapped as they come in.

Last weekend we celebrated Xavier's bday.  He is so adorable.  He slept here on Saturday night.  My daughter was also here for the weekend.  

My husband worked the major part of the day Sunday so that when the kids left I started the housechores.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly cloudy
-1°
-7°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
-2°
-8°
Wed.
Snow showers
-2°
-4°
Thu.
Snow showers
2°
-5°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
1°
-4°

On my mind
Our numbers have been going up so all Holiday celebration and reunions have been cancelled.  Should be only the members of the household (same adress) only.  We will still be seeing my son's family as they are at home  (telework for my son and maternity prevention leave for my daughter-in-law) and do not see anyone.  Since my daughter is alone we will see her too.
Wondering when I can see my parents.  we just might go before Christmas to drop off gifts even though it is a 6-hour round trip.

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts with had cheese and a glass of Oat milk

On my reading pile
Le Curé d'Anjou by Odette Mainville

On my tv
Le résident (season 2)
Cardinal (season 2)
5e rang (season 3)
L'échappée
District 31
Occupation double
Brave new world (season 1)
Christmas movies
The Office (season 3)
I managed to get youtube on the new SmartTv.. so I might be watching some things on there.

On the menu this week
Lundi -  
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Nothing planned was eaten on the menu last week, so some things will just be put back on for this week.


From the camera
Happy 1st birthday to my grandson Xavier




Looking around the house
Everything is ready for the Holidays.... I will start doing some crafts and watching some Christmas movies in the next few days.

On my to-do list  
Over the weekend
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Dusted main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • My husband ordered a tourtière for NY's... it is half the usual and we will be getting lots of lunches out of it.  will give some to the children too.
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan -
  • 3:30 Doctor's appointment (follow-up)
  • Mop floors
  • Call to get some foods from caterer
  • ...
In my crafting basket
Crochet scarf
Knitted socks
I'd like to start painting a few things using tutorials on youtube


Quote of the week 








5 comments:

  1. I like the humor in your quote for the week though I'm so sorry numbers are such that all the end of the year holiday celebrations cannot happen. Numbers aren't great around here either. A very belated Happy 1st birthday to your grandson! Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up what a tourtière was - sounds delicious! We are under the same lock downs here so not feeling very festive, but trying to fins a little motivation to decorate. Your quote of the week is so true! I hope you have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Xavier! What a great-looking family photo.
    Loved the quote, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lucie, I am so weary of this separation. We are trying to be joyous during the Christmas season, but I am so sad we won’t sere our daughter and the grands. So glad you will see your girls. Have a blessed time together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - such a cutie! Happy birthday to Xavier! And isn't it a wonderful feeling to have all that holiday stuff checked off the list. To get to enjoy some baking and holiday movies and just some of the peace of the season, is the best! Blessings to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete