Monday 26 October 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-10-26

Good morning!  

Last week was bloodwork on Monday (again!), gut problems all week, but work went well.  Had my evaluation and it was good too.  Picked up Xavier at daycare on Thursday and kept him for supper while his mom & dad picked up their groceries.

Got our 1st pictures of grandbaby #2... for now we do not know the gender.  DDIL is on leave from work for 5 weeks while they do some tests so she can rest.  However , grandbaby #1 is teething (4 teeth are coming out), so it is not the easiest of times.  DDIL did spend Saturday at her dad's house and some errands with Xavier in tow.

My son and Xavier spent part of the day here on Sunday (lunch and supper).  DDIL came for supper too.

Finally new dishwasher is plugged in, so that's good.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain and snow
2°
-1°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
3°
-6°
Wed.
Scattered showers
4°
1°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
4°
-5°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
2°
-7°
Sat.
Mostly sunny
3°
-3°

We will probably be seeing our first snow this week.

How I am feeling this morning
Slept ok (only a few hot-flashes) but woke up with a headache.  It should be gone as soon as I eat.  Have to wait half an hour after taking the osteoporose pill to be able to have breakfast.  Have lots to do but should be a nice relaxing day.  Will try to do ALOT this morning so I can do fun things this afternoon.

On my mind
My daughter should be coming next weekend so we can get her snow tires on her car.  Hoping she can see grandbaby#1 - we'll see if Covid restrictions change this week... until the 28th was confinement.. not optimistic that it won't continue as we are now over 100,000 cases since the beginning of the pandemia.  
I will go in the attic today for a few things and I think I'll get her Christmas stuff down so she can take it with her too.
Still debating about giving out candy for Halloween.  DDIL & my son did buy candies and will be making bags which they want to give out here (at their place there are no children passing).

On the breakfast plate
Coconut milk and chocolate protein muffin

On my reading pile
Jackie Kennedy by Bertrand Stabler-Myer

On my tv

Le résident (season 2)
Big Brother
C'est pour ça que je t'aime
Cardinal (season 1)
Esprits criminels (season 12)
Fragile
5e rang (season 3)
L'échappée
District 31
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world (season 1)
Cardinal
Next .... humm... not sure about that one seems not to have recorded last 2 weeks
Pour toujours plus un jour
The office (season 1)
A few programs are finishing this week (yay!)... it's time to start recording Christmas movies

On the menu this week
Lundi - Mashed potatoes and meatballs
Mardi-  Chicken vol aux vents
Mercredi - Spaghetti
Jeudi -   ?Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

From the camera

Grandbaby #1

Grandbaby#2

Looking around the house
Cozy & lived-in feeling!  haha.. lots of toys in the living room, brought down more from the attic.

On my to-do list  

Over the weekend
  • Deep-cleaned basement bathroom (walls, ceiling, floor, cabinets, window...)
  • Vacc'd basement
  • Unknitted heel of one sock
  • Uncrocheted shawl (can't find more wool like it so will do a scarf instead)
  • Delivered bday gift to niece
Monday

  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Vacc main floor
  • Bake muffins
  • Go up in the attic (bring down more toys, my daughter's Christmas stuff)
  • ....  lot more on my to-do list but thinking this is mainly what will be done
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks
Start a crochet scarf
Painting of fox

Quote of the week 









4 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture of Xavier! Congratulations on granbaby #2! I love your funny - reminds me of our place in Texas when we arrived to rehab grams & gramps place - UGH! I hope you have a GREAT week and find that fun time this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of your grandbabies! Amazed at the detail of the scan, lots of upgrades in 16 years I suppose. Hope you get to hand out the Halloween candy. I think we'll set up a table with some treat bags and see how it goes. Hard to know what to do though, don't want to be stuck with lots of extra. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote of the week... so true! Hope your DIL is able to get the rest she needs. And that your daughter can see her nephew. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless your DDIL cooking that sweet little baby. It's a lot when you're a new mama too. I hope your daughter gets to visit with her nephew. 🙏 I'm with you about not sure what to do about Halloween. I think I'll keep some candy on hand and wear a mask (maybe gloves too) and be ready to hand out candy in case some do come. Love your funny inspiration as always! 😂 Blessings on your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete