Monday 19 October 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-10-19

 Good morning!  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain
12°
8°
Tue.
Rain
11°
3°
Wed.
Rain
8°
5°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
11°
4°
Fri.
Showers
13°
10°


How I am feeling this morning
A bit of stomach problems but should pass.  Forgot to take my osteoporose pill before eating so guess it'll have to be taken tomorrow.  Had bloodwork at 7:30 and went quickly. 

On my mind
Since I don't have anymore prednisone to take my stomach problems have started again :(  Wish they could find a good medication for that.
Wanting to see friends and family.

On the breakfast plate
Coconut milk and oat bread toast with strawberry jam.

On my reading pile
Messe noire by Peter Straub... not my favorite for the moment - DID NOT FINISH IT.  READ 60% and quit
L'art de mettre les chose à leur place by Dominique Loreau

On my tv

Le résident (season 2)
Big Brother
Mon fils
District 31
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world
Cardinal
Next


On the menu this week
Lundi - chicken / rice casserole
Mardi-  Spaghetti
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   ?Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera

Crafts I finished last week - velour crochet pumpkin

39 gnome ornaments




Looking around the house
Not too bad - did a few things last weekend.  Now I need to start some deep cleaning in the basement and more decluttering. 

On my to-do list  

Over the weekend
  • Vacc main floor
  • Dust main floor
  • Laundry
  • Muffins for the week

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - ok
  • Make heels on knit socks (undid 3 times yesterday)
  • Work in basement
  • Bloodwork - DONE
  • Call for flu shot - DONE
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks



Quote of the week 







9 comments:

  1. Your gnome ornaments are so cute! It's so disappointing to not finish reading a book, isn't it? I try not to do it, but sometimes I just can't bring myself to finish a book that's not holding my attention, or I don't like the characters, or whatever. For sure I put those directly into the Goodwill box in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to finish all my books... like this last one.. read 60%... should've quit after 20 pages just like I wanted to. I have them on my ebook otherwise for sure it would've gotten given away.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that pumpkin and the gnomes are adorable! Gnomes are my new favorites and I've been collecting them too. Do you have a pattern you'd share? Have a GREAT week. I love your inspirational too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    I used this pattern for the gnomes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDp5z9O4uA
    and I looke up other gnomes to make a cuter hat.
    I have made a few with styrofoam cones for Easter, St-Patricks and Valentine's day. Now I have one big cone I want to use to make a gray / red gnome for Christmas and to leave up all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pumpkin, I sure hope you are feeling better now! Oh, my condo is a rental at a South Carolina beach. I’re going soon! I haven’t been to the beach for 15 years. Since we can’t go see our family this Christmas, we thought we’d go to the beach now before it turns cold. It is still warm there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those ornaments are so cute. Love the pumpkin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gnomes! I have a small one with a very tall hat so I tuck him in the tree branches and he looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote for the week! Your gnomes are so cute. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry so late this week! I hope your tummy is feeling better. Love that pumpkin - but those gnomes just make me happy 😊 Love the inspiration. Snow has been flying here so I'm all about the cozy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete